Thursday, April 28, 2011

Discovering Las Casas Filipinas in Bagac, Bataan

It's been quite a long while since my last entry.  Got few paid ops offer but got no time to do. I just hope I won't get blacklisted. Sigh!  I'm now back to the usual household tasks again after the well treated "angel" extended her Holy Week vacay in her hometown in the far North.  Not sure yet when she's gonna come back. .(or does she have any plan of coming back at all?   I dunno! ...my oh my!!)

Anyway, at least I was able to enjoy the long weekend holiday.  My itchy feet would not settle for a simple rest at home! ha ha!  My family, together with daughter's friend who took over the wheel headed to Sis' place. If you would ask why didn't hubby drive for us, well, he was on the road ahead of us on his bike from our place in Novaliches all the way to Balanga, Bataan!  That's about 123 Km distance, if I'm not mistaken. Well, that's his passion for now. He's happy with it, let him be! Just like the one TV commercial line that goes.. "kung saan ka masaya, suportahan ta ka!" (I'll support you on whatever makes you happy!)

As I was saying, I'm thankful that Sis' home is always open for us.  It was always like a feast with all the good food she prepared for us! My mouth still gets watery everytime I think of what we had while we were in her house. Big crabs, prawns, seafood kare-kare, and all except pork. Ha ha.. she knows I'm avoiding pork, that's why!  Can't thank her enough!.

I'm sure I have already mentioned before that the Province of Bataan oozes with beautiful beaches and historical sites.  Up to this moment, gorgeous resorts keep popping everywhere. The latest amongst those is the Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar located in Bagac, Bataan.  I'm thankful that Sis got a membership card to this awesome resort and the benefits are being shared to us.  The development of this first class resort is still on-going but almost complete. Every house constructed is a clone of the houses of the past from late 19th to early 20th century.  My hat's off  to the people who conceptualized this antique houses' village. They brought forth the time of our ancestors for the present generation to feel and see. It's quite hard to explain the feeling while I walked the paths of cobblestones and antique street lamps while my jaw dropped in admiration to those grand old houses.  In addition, they have swimming pools and well maintained beach which are another exciting attractions for tourists.  Anyone who'll visit this place will be awestruck like us and would surely come  back again and again and again!!,


Daughter by the lovely door taken thru Jonathan's camera.

A group enjoying the raft on the bay.
The resort's beautiful beach facing Western Philippine Sea..
My niece Mae, posing for the resort's Caretela.
Our host, my loving Sis.(and my son at the back.)

The big kiddos enjoying the Resort's  pricey refreshments.

Posing for the bridge at the background.  (And who's that couple at the far left?)

Hubby's bike while resting from his pedal ride to Bataan.

Obviously, it was a worthwhile escapade!  The photos above were taken on two occasions. The first time was on noontime of Friday, April 22 and the second one was when we came back on afternoon of Sunday, April 24.  The other days were spent on a beach in Iba, Zambales.  Nevertheless,  that calls for another page of blogging.

Thanks so much for coming by.   I hope you are having a wonderful week!


12 Comentários:

Fresh Garden said...

A nice post, and it's inspirng!
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the visit. :)

PinayWAHM said...

Oo nga...sino ba yung 'mag dyowa' [ay parang ang laswa ng term na dyowa...hahaha...grabe ako sa choice of words...] na pasimpleng nag mu muni muni sa may kaliwa????? Mukhang bagay naman sila kahit likod lang kita. Hahaha....Can I take a guess?

Alam mo Ate Beng..with all the good places you've been posting here na nabisita mo, I know where to head pag kailangan ko ng itinerary if and when nakauwi kami dyan for a bakasyon...dito sa blog mo kasi kumpleto. Gusto ko kasi driving distance lang from Pamp. Yung iba kasi - Bocaray at Pawalan ..hehe = eh puro plane rides...which takes a day or two of the vacation time. We'll go to those far places pag 6 months ang bakasyon namin....hehe.

Howdy? Tagal mo ngang naghibernate from the blogging world. I hope your angel still comes back....wawa naman kaw eh.

Huling

Ciela said...

@Fresh Garden: Welcome to this site! Always glad to see new visitors come by. Thanks for your time. See you around!

Ciela said...

@PinayWAHM: Aha ha ha.. katuwa ka naman, in ka pa rin sa latest lingo dito sa Pinas kahit tagal ka ng wala dito. May TFC cable ka ba dyan?
At natumbok mo Huling! Bagay nga yung mag-dyowa kasi nakatalikod sila. Haha..

Naku, sana nga makauwi naman kayo 'no? Dami mo talagang mapagpapasyalan kay M at E dito na 'lapit lang sa Pampanga. Unahin mo na ang Bataan at Subic kasi ilang minuto lang pag nag-SCTEX, nakarating ka na agad. Hayyy.. kelan kaya yun? Sana ma-meet naman kita in person. he he..


Salamat sa oras Huling! Happy TGIF!

Anonymous said...

Did you have dinner or lunch at the raft? That must have been fun, I rememeber the last time we did this was like 8 years ago in Zamabales. And yes welcome back after those vacation period, we missed you :)

Ciela said...

@angsarap: No, we didn't have the chance to dine at the raft. Not sure if they offer it there. That must be an exciting experience!

Haha.. thanks Raymund! Missed you too!

PinayWAHM said...

Sige halo halo tayo Ate Beng! Isa yan sa na mi miss ko dito. I can make some kaso iba pa din yung dyan...iba lasa syempre.

Have a great week!

Huling

Ciela said...

@PinayWAHM: For sure mas masarap ang gawa mong halo-halo dyan kasi stateside! ahehehe...

Have a great Monday Huling! God bless!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wow titab, kakainggit mga escapades nyo hehehe.. Parang every week ata meron kayo.. Great shots.

Dhemz said...

sayang...sumama sana ako...ehehehe...ganda nang mga pics...thanks for sharing!

Ciela said...

@chubskulit: Just taking advantage of summer kaya out on the road almost every week. We can't do these anymore when the rain comes eh!

Have a great weekend!

Ciela said...

@Dhemz: Naku, sana nga sumama ka! I'm sure you'll enjoy Dhemz! haha..

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.