Friday, January 16, 2009

Infection Hits Me Again




I was chilling cold last Saturday afternoon which I mistook for the effect of the super cold weather we’ve been experiencing lately. I thought of bathing it away with a cold shower. What followed next after the cold shower was chillier moments matched with very high fever. I took paracetamol but the fever wouldn’t subside. The chill would be gone for a while but would be back again and again even with paracetamols. Until the early morning of Sunday when hubby could see that I am really battling with the chill. He drove me to the ER of National Kidney and Transplant Institute. I was confined and went through a lot of laboratory tests. The diagnosis: Complicated Urinary Tract Infection. No ordinary infection indeed, coz shivers and fever persisted even with the four IV bottles of antibiotics emptied in my vein. I got better though with the fifth until I was totally free of chills on Tuesday. My doctor required a 24 hour fever free period before I could be discharged. I was allowed to go home only on the noon of Wednesday.

I have missed my blogging so much that as soon as I arrived home I took my laptop and attempted to return the visits of blogger friends. But after only doing one, I felt dizzy and needed to rest. I’ve wasted a couple of very precious, once in a blue moon opps for me. Sigh! I just hope the advertiser won’t take that against me. Anyway, I’m back and kickin’. I miss you all, my blogger friends!

11 Comentários:

Borneo Falcon said...

Glad you are back and well now. Take care.

Mira said...

Hi Tita Beng, so sorry to hear about your recent bout with infection. Natawa naman ako na when you got home, laptop agad ang hinawakan mo, LOL. Anyway, it's good to know that you're back and kicking again, see you around!

raquel said...

hope you're feeling better....i'll send you some of the bread i have been baking...hehehe

Anonymous said...

Hello Tita Bheng, glad ur okay now. Don't worry about ur missed opps, what is important is that ur feeling better now. I guess all I can share is my prayer for your complete healing. God bless you n ur family. Take care always!

Anonymous said...

take a rest. your health is more important. Get well soon!get

Chubskulit Rose said...

Hope you are feeling better now tita beng... get well!

by the way, I have posted something here, as a thank you for supporting and comforting me during my tough times, hope you guys like it.

PinayWAHM said...

Ate Beng!!!!

Oh my....I haven't been bloghopping for a week na ata so I only read this. I hope you're fully recovered na. Take it easy. I hope your weekend is much better this time around....

J

D said...

Hi Tita Beng, I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you. How are you feeling now? Are you okay? You should really rest first especially since you just got out of the hospital. UTI huh? and a complicated one at that. Yikes! I've had UTI before too so I can sympathize with you... I really do hope you feel better soon. Someone like you who is a Cancer survivor should definitely take extra precautions when it comes to your health especially since your immune system is down and with you having had chemo, radiation and surgery, it had altered your body. What did your doctor say about the UTI? It might be a long term side effect of your cancer treatment... usually when you've had a combination of treatments, you're likely to experience late effects. I hope you feel better soon. God bless you Tita Beng. *hugs*

DebbieDana said...

Hello Ate Beng!

Naku, hooked na talaga sa blogging ang beauty natin ah, kahit kalalabas ng hospital, laptop agad ang inatupag, hehe! Smile :)

Glad to hear you feel alot better na. Please continue to rest more, you need it.


Debbie

Race said...

oh so sorry to hear that but i'm glad that you're ok na, just take it easy na ha! regards tita bheng!

Ciela said...

To all of you, my dear friends!

Thanks so much for the concern. Your caring words gave me so much strength to get back to wellness!

It's a great feeling having friends even only in blogsphere!

I wonder how it would be meeting all of you in one event. Dreaming the impossible dream. (LOL)

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.