Sunday, June 13, 2010

Despedida Outing in Pangasinan

On the early morning of a partly cloudy Saturday, my family together with younger Sil and Bil drove to Pangasinan to visit our Lady of Manaoag and to join the elder Sil's despedida outing in San Fabian, Pangasinan. The group had been here many times but sans the visiting Sil. Now that her two weeks vacation is over, she's going back to her adopted home in California to her Mexican American husband. The whole family, including Mil, her siblings, her children and grand children gathered together in San Fabian to hold a sort of a despedida outing.


Disappointingly though, hubby as usual took off on his bike and didn't bother to join us in our lunch. Okay, I gotta mention that we had to take our lunch in a resto since it's already way past noon when we left Manaoag. Everyone looked pretty hungry after hours of driving around looking for a nice place to eat. But each faces lit with a smile right after the sumptuous meal . The rest of the day was spent on the cottage/beach. There was a lot of cooking and grilling, eating, drinking and videoke-ing but my own family had to leave the group in the midst of merriment. Unfortunately, we're not aware that the outing is overnight. Nonetheless, we had our share of enjoyment. The few hours spent with Sil and the clan was truly a delightful moment.

Hopefully, we'll be seeing her again next year. Have a blessed flight my dear Sister-in-law!

10 Comentários:

Lee said...

Hi Beng Gee, you too had visitors, your Sil and Bil?
My Sil and Bil returned home to Malaysia last thursday, now I have my freedom at home, not to mention getting back my TV just in time for the World cup, ha ha.

I love your beautiful beaches there, and the thousands of Islands all like being in Paradise.
Soft Trade winds, women in beautiful butterfly style dresses, men in those pineapple fibre shirts....and the Tinikling.
And of course somewhere a soft lady's voice singing 'dahil sayo', ha ha.
You have a pleasant week and keep a song in your heart....Lee.

Ciela said...

Hello Lee! We have Mil and Sil returning home for a visit. I surmised, Sil has already left for California and Mil has 4 months more to enjoy. She hops from one's place to another and stays long with us whenever she feels like it.

Yep, I agree! We have endless beautiful beaches Visit the country with your wife and experience its beauty yourself. I may even volunteer to be yours and your wife's tourist guide.

See you again..

Beth said...

Hi Ate beng, kmusta na? I'm back to blogging uli! Me post ako about a beach in Bataan. Bka alam mo un name nung cove na namention ko?

anyway, just dropped by! sana dalaw ka and answer my question ha? thanks and God bless!

Ciela said...

Glad to see you again Beth! How's the hibernation?

Wow, you visited Bagac, Bataan pala! Miss ko na rin mag beach duon. Ganda ng place na yun 'no?!!

I hope to see more of you now! Take care!

Mari said...

I used to go to San Fabian with my mom, when I was a kid. We visit my cousins there who live just about a mile from the beach. I would love to go back and see the place again.

yonca said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time.Beautiful shot!I love beach.We are lucky that we have long beaches here in Long Island. Jones Beach is my favorite:)
Nothing is better than family time. Isn't it?

Nancy Janiola said...

looks like a lovely place!

how are you beng? :)

Ciela said...

Hi Mari! So you are familiar with San Fabian?! I guess you were always at the beach with your cousins when you were a kid. It's really a nice place! I'm sure your relatives there long to have you visit them again.

Have a great day!

Ciela said...

Hello Yonca! Oh, like you, I love the beach too. I bet you're always on that Jones Beach. ha ha!

Am glad to always have you drop by. Always keep on smilin'! Take care!

Ciela said...

Hi admin! Nice to see you again! All is well here. I hope, the same with you! Keep smiling!

Enjoy the day!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.