Monday, November 30, 2009

RJ Bar: Plays the music for the young once

I will use again the over used phrase. …how time flies so quickly! Who would think that this oldie mom used to frequent Folk Houses and Discos in her heydays. Lol! It seems like it wasn’t too long ago when almost every night of the week was spent in different Discos and Music Bar in town like Stargazer Disco in Holiday Inn Hotel(was it Silahis then?), or Siete Pecados in Philippine Plaza Hotel, or Circuit Disco in Regent of Manila and in practically all the popular night places in town. (Not forgetting the very significant Boccassio Disco in Bayview Hotel). I could only sigh as I reminisce that time of my youth. I was yet in my early twenties and life was all fun and excitements. How silly I was to think that life will forever be that way, coming home with bouquets of roses and boxes of chocolates and RCPI telegrams. Ha ha ha…! Perhaps you’d wonder how the hell did I afford those when I was just a lowly ordinary office employee then. Simple! My friends that time were working in Bureau of Customs.. I’m sure you know how easy money was (or still is for that matter) for Customs people.


Other guests on the dance floor.

Well, well… those were the days and given that I was used to it, I tend to miss it. I’m glad hubby could find time to date me out on similar places. (Coz if not, he knew, I’d run amuck. Lol!) So, last Saturday we went out of the normal routine and had fun in RJ Bar in Makati. The place fits those young once like me coz they play the music of the 60’s and the 70’s. I want to emphasize though that 60’s is not my era. Lol! Anyway, I enjoyed the music so much! I wasn’t able to control my feet, so I pulled hubby to the dance floor and swung the night away. We went home hour after midnight and I feel young again!

7 Comentários:

foongpc said...

Wow! So nice! Get to dance and feel young again. Haha!

Nance said...

ahhhh ... "those were the days my friend, we thought it'd never end" la la la la" :)
syana pala, Beng, belated happy anniversary sa inyo ni mr!

Beth said...

Hehehe, so now you're one of the dancers at the RJ Bar which is also shown on RJTV!!! I will try to spot you when I have the chance to view it. :)
Super gala ka pala talaga ate beng! No match ako sa yo...I don't frequent discos and bars e.
Puro restos lang, just like my new post.:)

Unknown said...

Hi i am anjali and i read your posts they were really cool kindly visit my site and give me a link back

alf said...

hahaha tita beng. sounds family yung mga nabanggit mong discos. OO nga, stargazer and siete pecados...lol..memories. di ba merong ng bar si rj noon, yan pa rin ba?

happy 29th sa inyo.

Lee said...

Hello Beng Gee, ha ha, bet you love Saturday nite fever, the Bee Gees, Funky town.
I too loved the discos, but age catching up, ha ha, now just watch the young ones do it.
My time is over.
Glad to read hubby take you dancing...
Have fun, Beng Gee, live your life with no excuses, love with no regrets, Mabuhay, Lee.

MommaWannabe said...

Tita Beng looks like you had a wonderful time!! I have never been to a proper disco- can u believe that?:P

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.