Thursday, March 4, 2010

Blog Update

For the sake of those who are wondering what's keeping me off this blog, here's a little update. Since last week, my time is eaten up by canvassing and shopping of the materials to be used in the major repair of our house. You see, we have settled in this little abode of ours for more than 24 years now and within that span of time, I think we only have done little repairs and two simple renovations. Other than that, this dwelling of ours stood the twenty-four typhoon seasons and summers as is. For that reason, I'm taking advantage of the sunny whether to execute some major repairs in the house specifically the roof. I'm having it absolutely replaced and reconstructed. However as the work goes on, additional labor is required that I need to keep an eye on. That explains my missing in action for sometime now. I’m focused on the workers as I got them on per day basis. Watching over them is a must for me if I don’t want a prolonged working days to pay for. I think supervising a construction work is a man's job. But no way to complain! Hubby is in the office and it's only me who's left to handle the responsibility. I think I'm good at it anyway plus the fact that I have to look after my budget closely. So far so good! I can pull away with it!


Thank you so much for always dropping by even if I got no time visiting you. Anyway, I will try my best to update and visit your sites as much as I could..


Have a blessed day, everyone!

14 Comentários:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Goodluck in home improvement TitaB.. Just got back our iNet connection.

alf said...

extreme makeover na yan tita beng. i agree with you dapat talagang tutukan ang mga workers mong per day.

Dhemz said...

ayay! looking forward to see the new look titaBeng...makeover is what I love on doing...kaso wala kaming budget...waaaaaaaa!

Lee said...

Hi Beng Gee, hey..you need help? Just iced coffee and a couple of plain donuts will do.
I'm quite good at helping ladies, any problems, any services, anytime, ha ha.
You have fun and have fun, best regards, Lee.

Cheryl said...

Oh I too have been through major renovations and I agree, one must be there to "supervise"! I do hope when all is said and done you are pleased with the work. Take care and I will check back again.

Almyr said...

Congrats, this is my first time visiting your blog and I really find this informative and great..

Have a good day.. regards

W-a-H-M said...

There you are Ate Beng! I was about to call the blog police to hunt you down....hahaha...nah...I knew you'd resurface one of these days.

I had the feeling na something is keeping you busy but I didn't expect na isa ka na palang 'foreman'? Yun ba yung tawag sa mga nag supervise ng construction? Ay naku...kung ako yan, malulugi kami. But...if I have to do, then I will...just like you. Minsan it's great to learn things that we consider as a man's job, di ba?

O siya...see you around. Naku naalala ko tuloy yung walang katapusang renovation ni Lena [desperate blogger ba].....pag tapos daw yung isa, may isa na naman....sus!

Goodluck!

J

NENSA MOON said...

Hi Beng Gee,

Congratulations , my friend....!
Your blog was excelent and beautiful...you're true worth....
Thanks for being with us...
I have a special gift/award for you on our blog 'THE NOTE.
Hopefully you would enjoy....

warmest regards,
Nensa Moon

J said...

oh no, I know how that feels. I had to go through the same situation six years ago when we gutted our place prior to moving in. I can imagine na mas matindi ang sa iyo kasi you are right there. ako kasi dati we were still living in our old palce.

ganun talaga at tayo ang nasa bahay.when the dust settles you will regain your space and your time hehehe.

have a great weekend Tita B!

juliana

Verna Luga said...

Wow! picture .. picture! ..... dropping by saying hello!

In This Side of Town
Anything Davao
Some Things Are Free
Woman’s elan vital

Yen said...

Korek ka jan tita beng its a good way to take advantage the sunny season to execute some repairs and renovation. And I'm sure your a good supervisor. :-)

Nance said...

Hey Beng - i was in hibernation too, lol, just didn't feel like posting.
that's a big responsibility, supervising the workers but I'm sure you're doing an excellent job. show us pic when it's done, 'k?

D said...

Wow Tita Beng, I can't wait to see how your house looks like after the renovation:) Post pics ha? Kaya pala nabusy ka masyado. But it's good to see you from time to time. Yeah, you really have to supervise the workers to make sure they're doing their jobs right, baka kakwartahan ka lang and you'll end up paying more. Anyway, thanks for dropping by my blog ha. Ingatz!

Gorgeous MUM said...

Hi Ate Beng! So you've been busy din pala. Refurbishing a house is a lot of work, and dapat tutok ka with how the men are working. My parents had a hard time when they renovated the house they just bought. They don't visit everyday so the workers tend to just take the job easily.

But it's good that you are there when things are getting done. Good luck and surely it will have a great result!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.