Wednesday, February 24, 2010

An evening of rockin’ and rollin’

-->

Last Friday, the accommodating (ahem!) other half of mine conceded to my whim over again. I was promised an evening out so I took it seriously and marked my calendar for the Friday date with him. TGIF came and I was already preparing for our night out when I thought of calling him to confirm where and what time we would meet. But the enthusiasm turned into disappointment when I learned that he was about to go out with his colleagues(again!). It was a total bad trip! “No way!” I told myself. I was very upset but I don’t want to sulk in one corner and spoil my time, while he paints the town red.
“Meet me at the usual place. I’m about to leave now!” was my text message to him. When I arrived at the place, he was already waiting. Hurray! My anticipated “night out” materialized though in a shot gun manner. Ha ha. Who cares?! He supported my whims and didn’t become a KJ anyway. I’m happy with that! Otherwise I’d be nuts!
He asked where I want to eat and the usual food that comes to my mind is Chinese, specifically Peking duck that time. So he parked at Lutong Macau in Jupiter St. (we're in Makati City). We ordered half of Peking duck which was partly to be eaten with wraps and half I thought was as is, plain roast. But it turned out differently which I didn’t like as much.

Peking duck cooked further for lettuce wrapping..

Crispy Peking duck skin on crackers.


Peking duck to be wrapped in lettuce.


Wrapped with hoisin sauce
After the Peking duck dinner, we proceeded to RJ Bar only few blocks away. We were to go to Merk’s Bistro and Bar in Greenbelt-2 but I changed mind when I learned it was RJ’s night. As early birds at the bar we thought of leaving the place for a while. but the crews informed us there’s only one table left unreserved and we may lose it. Not wanting to miss the surviving table, we stayed on. It wasn’t long when guests flowed in and the place suddenly became full packed. We even overheard few arguments over reserved tables. Ha ha..!
Everyone wanted to be accommodated simply because it was RJ’s night. I spotted some celebrities and socialites on the dance floor. Their faces I knew but can’t recall the names. Though we didn't boogie down the dance floor (scared to be caught on tv . he he.). I was keyed up with the hip sound. It was a lively rockin’ and rollin’ night with the young and the olds alike.

The stage
The crowded dance floor.


The lady singer with RJ himself.
RJ's music is revitalizing! I really enjoyed a lot! I'm now toying with the idea of utilizing my imaginative shot gun again if deem needed! ha ha..

'Hope you guys are having a good week. Thanks to all for the time spent.



14 Comentários:

Unknown said...

I love Peking duck...ma try nga to pag uwi namin sa June :)

DebbieDana said...

Ang sarap naman nong peking duck ate Bheng, natakam tuloy ako.

Musta na? Thank you for the visit and sensya na late ang reply...Sobrang preoccupied lang sa mga boys ko but other than that, we're doing fine.

Ingat lagi.


Debs :)

Cheryl said...

Now that sounds like a night of fun that I would enjoy with my hubby!

Reanaclaire said...

wow..u had your way then! glad u enjoyed the evening!

regards from me, Claire from www.reanaclaire.com

Verna Luga said...

woah.... you really have enjoyed everything ... especially the duck!

In This Side of Town
Anything Davao
Some Things Are Free

Unknown said...

haha! at least u get the date you wanted. :) yummylicious foods!!!

D said...

Wow, yummy looking foods Ate Beng! I haven't had Peking duck yet. But I will definitely try some next time! How are you? It's so nice to know that you and your hubby still go out on dates! I think that is so sweet:) Hope you have a good weekend!

PinayWAHM said...

"Meet me at the usual place. I'm about to leave now!"

Hahaha!!! Taray ah....but aylavet! Hehehe....

Happy weekend!

J

imelda said...

u surely had your way with ur hubby hahaha. i love peking duck too

Lee said...

Hi Beng Gee, love the pics here. And the lovely dishes.
I like that nite club....haven't been to one a long time now too.
My dancing shoes now retired, ha ha.
Incidentally, what's your favourite song?
One of mine when at karoake parties is ha ha, 'Dahil sayo'. Love that song.
You have a nice day, best regards, Lee.

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Ate beng!

San ka na? I hope you're doing ok....just taking a break from blogging.

Just hopping by here to read the latest on you and your escapades.

TC.

J

J said...

shot gun date huh. you just gave me an idea hehehe. I haven't been to a bar in ages. tuloy trip ko pumunta this weekend.

have a great week!

juliana

alf said...

hahaha. iba pag nagalit si kumander. lol.

tagal na akong di naka kain ng peking duck. nakaka miss.

Gorgeous MUM said...

I love your strategy! Worked well for you! Hahaha! Maybe I should try it and see if it will work for me!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.