Thursday, January 13, 2011

How to deal with hurt feelings


No person is exempted from being hurt whether from physical pain or from emotional pain.  If at one time or another you are hurt and it keeps you upset, here are some helpful tips I got from surfing the net.

  1. Stay calm when your feelings are hurt and allow time for yourself to completely cool  off.
  2. Think before you speak, or you may lash out with words that you can't retract and    regret the consequences
  3. Prevent misjudging by not presuming the other person's intention. You may pass judgment incorrectly and make the situation worse. Ask yourself if the person's intent was deliberate or if it's unintentional
  4. Walk away from situations that may cause you to retaliate or seek revenge.
  5. Try to put yourself in the other person's shoes and understand why he acted the way he did. It's a lot easier to forgive when you can understand the reason for someone's behavior.
  6. Approach the person that offended you and express to her that she hurt your    feelings by her behavior, actions or words. It's healthier to resolve the concern than to let it sit and debilitate you. However, be careful how you phrase what you say so that you do not appear to be antagonistic.
  7. Choose to be not offended and avoid self-pity; you are only hurting yourself.
  8. Forgive, overcome oversensitivity and seek to be at peace with yourself.
  9. Pray for the ability to let go of hurt feelings. 
The last one, I think is the best!  It always works.


Thanks for your time buddies! Keep smiling and take care!



12 Comentários:

Anonymous said...

Great tip!

For me I usually go somewhere I am alone and enjoy a nice view like the end of an airport runway, enjoy a sunset at the beach or go to a cliff with a nice city view. During that time I also bring my camera and take pictures, those are the times I get really nice dramatic shots.

Lee said...

Hi Beng Gee, I love what you posted.
And yes, sometimes we do find it tough to forgive and forget.
And it takes a real lady or man to forgive and go on with life.
As the saying goes, to err is human. To forgive divine.

I was hurt very badly long ago by a woman I was about to ask be my wife....it sure hurt like crazy too....short of joining a Thai Monastery, ha ha....I realized I will hurt myself more if I keep feeling the hurt...decided to forgive her for what she did to me.
Felt better after that. Though I sure became wary of women after that, ha ha.

You stay easy and have fun. Ingat ka palagi. Lee.

Ciela said...

@angsarap: I would agree with you on that Raymund! Moreso if the places you go to are as picturesque as what you have there in NZ! Worth capturing by your top notch lenses!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Ciela said...

@ Uncle Lee: Oh my, who would forget that heartbreaking story of yours Lee! It was like a romantic movie embedded in my head. The lavish gifts, the fabulous dates and the diamond ring throwing to the sea while aboard a Ferry boat. Everyone who have read that post of yours definitely felt the pain you had. Ha ha..It surely was a learning experience for you. Right Lee?

Terima kaseh! Always glad to see you come by! Ingat!

PinayWAHM said...

Ayos! The only one I probably won't be able to do is #6...at least not until after I've cooled down...maybe in a year or two....hahaha....nagtamin bigla ng galit noh?

Here to wish you a great weekend. Ours will be a pleasant one I believe...unlike in so many states that are having really bad snow storms...wawa naman sila.

Stay happy..

Huling

Ciela said...

@PinayWAHM: Tagal mo pala mag-cool down Huling?! Mahirap yata yun! Ako kasi, wala lang! Hurt ngayon, bukas wala na. I always follow the last one.Really effective!

Good for you to have nice weather!
I still dream of setting foot on snow. Maybe even just for a while. I'm sure di ko kaya to stay in a freezer like place. Florida I think is fantastic. Not so hot and not so cold. Swerte nyo!

Luckily, it's slightly cooler here today. Yes, hopefully a great weekend. Thanks for the precious time as always! Take care!

Beth said...

Ate beng, maganda na nga un QMC, mdami pa diyan activities, me mga walls na pwede magpapic, etc. Di ko pa nga nalibot lahat e :)

As for the Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wild Life, nirerenovate na :) Kaya hwag ka muna pumunta dun kasi lugi ka lang sa entrance fee hehehe. Kasi ang makikita mo lang un mga birds, sarado un ibang parts hehehe, o pwede na ba ako tourist guide? :)

Ciela said...

Thanks for the info about the Wild Life Park. It's been ages since our last visit there. Pwedeng pwede ka na tourist guide Beth! at pwede na rin bigyan ng plaque sa pagiging gala! he he..

San naman kayo nagpunta this weekend? Share ulit ha? Have a great new week ahead. Ingat!

yonca said...

Wonderful, helpful list, Beng Gee.Thanks for sharing.Forgiveness brings peace and happiness.I feel better when I forgive someone who has hurt me.

Lee said...

Hi Beng Gee, just dropped by say hello. You have a nice day and hold that beautiful smile of yours.
Have a nice day, Lee.
ps, you remembered that story of mine, huh?
Oh well, we learn from experiences.
By the way, you like cars? BMWs?

Ciela said...

@Uncle Lee: Always glad to see you here. I know you've got a long line of visitors to attend to but still you find time to drop by this site!

Yeah, I love cars but the sad thing is, cars don't love me! he he.. Alrighty, see you and your gorgeous cars asap!

Have a nice day too Lee! Ingat!

Ciela said...

@Yonca: I agree with you Yonca! Forgiveness truly brings peace and happiness! Forgiving someone who has hurt us ain't really hard to do especially if that someone is very close to us. And yes, it makes us feel better. Thus, making our world a more beautiful place to live!

Thank you so much for your precious time Yonca! Have a great day!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.