Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Paradise that is Pearl Farm Beach Resort

I am a genuine beach-a-holic!  People close to me can attest to that.  Thus, when daughter planned our Davao vacation, I made sure that we’re gonna make it to Pearl Farm Beach Resort. I got a good number of excellent feedbacks about this fabulous resort, so it thrilled me no end to make it there. However, daughter failed to make a reservation for our day tour beforehand.  We were very lucky though that there were still remaining boat slots.  Hence, we were readily accommodated by the courteous staff.

The Pearl Farm is a popular beach resort located in Samal Island, south of Mindanao.  To get there is to pass through their gateway, the Pearl Farm Marina. This is where we registered and logged- in our names on the boat manifest.  This private port is also a beautiful beach resort and hotel by itself.

We embarked the boat and left the Marina at exactly 7:00AM. ‘Twas a relaxing ride amidst the serene blue sea and magnificent view of the Davao shoreline, islets and greeneries of Samal Island.  Newspapers and bottled water were handed out to us while on board but found no time to read as I was so stirred up with the  exciting trip. Upon reaching the island, we had a warm welcome and a fresh fruit juice when we disembark the boat and stepped on the resort’s iconic Parola. I was quite mesmerized at the first sight of the posh resort.  More so when we were shown around the place via an electric shuttle car. Every single nook is worth appreciating! It’s simply awesome!

We wasted no time and took a dip at the stretched of the white, powdery sand beach. How marvellous to be submerged in the clear water and view the little marine lives underneath. I wished our time in the beach won’t end.  What a tough time it was for me to leave and break away from the most fancied chillax moment by the breathtaking beach.  But time was running out and the buffet lunch must be enjoyed if we wouldn't want to be left by the boat as it was to leave at 1:30pm.

The highlight of the tour was the sumptuous buffet lunch at the restaurant near the seaside. The food served were comparable to the five star hotel’s buffet fares in Makati City. Hubby and the big kiddos seemed not to have enough as they kept on coming back at the serving counters. Ha ha.. And yeah, I have to admit, I think I was the biggest eater in the group eh. Ouch! Eh, why wouldn’t I be when all the food I want were there!  Seafood, native chicken tinola, beef, fish and the freshest fruits like pomelo and mangoes. I'm just glad, there was no durian! But the kiddos were looking for it. Eww.... We finished our lunch just exactly on time as the boat was ready by the port waiting for the guest passengers. But we had to make a quick  run to the “Butik” souvenir store of the resort for some ref magnet souvenirs to add to our collection.

I was indeed very impressed with everything the resort has.  From the first class facilities to the courteous staff!  I can’t think of a better adjective to describe our trip to Pearl Farm. All I can remember is that, it was a glorious experience!

































































Thanks much for dropping by.  It's only a week to go before Christmas.
 'Hope you have the best of the holiday season!

7 Comentários:

Unknown said...

this is one place we were not able to go to when we visited davao because it's quite expensive. we had to content ourselves with the Paradise Island Resort in Samal, he he he

Ciela said...

I think paying P1,850./pax is so worth the day trip to the Pearl Farm. With the roundtrip boat ride, superb lunch and all the perks that they give along just to make sure that the guests are truly enjoying the experience is worth every single peso spent. You must not miss it next time! :)

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Ate Beng!

O di ba ang ganda ng ngiti mo underwater! Kung ako yan panay bula ang lalabas....alang ngiti...

Lapit na nga Pasko! Ayun at lakwatsa militar na naman kaming 3 kahapon and last Sat. We went to that Phil event but I was a bit disappointed kasi konti lang nakita ko...but E had fun kasi first time nya magpunta sa ganon. Buti na lang may halo halo so masaya na din ako kahit paano.

Tapos na shopping namin...I think. I was thinking the same thing last weekend tapos biglang nag mall ulit kahapon. Ang esposo ko ang nagyaya so go lang kami. He got me a purse that I was hesitant to get kasi I don't like anything over 100....tsip ako eh. Ang linya nya and I quote: You deserve it Honey....hahaha....sabi ko i cash nalang...hehe. Ayaw eh so I gave in.

Anong handa mo sa Pasko? Relyenong bangus??? Waaahhh....naglaway ako just thinking about it...

O sige na at nobela na naman to...

Ingat palagi....btw, I heard about the sad news sa CDO/Iligan calamity....grabe. Ang daming batang namatay....more angels to watch over us now. Kakaiyak looking at the pictures.

Huling

Chubskulit Rose said...

Such a paradise TitaB, parang lagi kayong nasa bakasyon and the food yumminess klol. Nakakgutom tuloy. JUst wishing you and your family a happy holidays TitaB.

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Ate Beng! I'm here to wish you and kuya Tom as well as your Dawter & Son a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Huling with M& Little E on the side...:)

Ciela said...

@PinayWAHM: Pasensya ka na at di ko na pala na-reply-an itong comment mo. Glad to know na meron palang Phil event dyan. Kahit papano siguro it made you feel connected pa rin sa Pinas thru the halo-halo. hehe.. And if E had a nice time there, at least your time wasn't wasted!

Sweet naman ni M! Naku, ako yata yun a. Anything above $100. is truly expensive na for me. Bongga naman ni M! How thoughtful!

Sending you back those warm greetings Huling! May you have a joyful Christmas and a blessed New year!

Ciela said...

@Chubskulit: Yes, for me it is considered a paradise na rin Rose. Although compared to the exceptionally lovely places you have over your side of the globe eh, wla itong sinabi. I'm very much satisfied with the place kahit ganyan lang.

Wishing you and John and your Burritos the best of the Holidays!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.