Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year Is No Longer New

I am sure everyone is back on the track of their own normal activities.  Holiday is far way over and the New Year is no longer new.  With the days that passed by, I should have had accomplished a lot of chores around   the house but regrettably, not!  I planned to take all the Christmas decors down since right after New Year, but the tree is still up until today.  There’s an “angel” here about to do the tidying but I’d rather do it myself coz I want to make sure that it is properly kept.  Nonetheless, I’m confident that all will be over and done with before the sun sets.  


Hmmn.. allow me to vent a little!  I feel many things aren’t going right  .. here and there.  Am figuring them out but can’t pin point exactly where the flaw lies.  Assessing things and actions occurring around and it only bolster my assumption. Trouble is, I want to fix things up but they’re just not within my control.  Hence, I often find myself depressed.  Nevertheless, I am fighting it off my system.  Life isn’t perfect after all.  It has its ups and downs but whatever the circumstance be, I am holding on to a hopeful tomorrow.

The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions, and not our circumstances.
-Martha Washington-
 May you all have wonderful days ahead!  Happy as always to see you drop by! Thank you!


8 Comentários:

Beth said...

I think that's the right thing to do when things are not going right: to hold on and hope that tomorrow will be alright again. The Martha Washington quote is so true. Most of our miseries depend on our disposition. We can always choose to be happy and grateful. Thanks for posting this, Ate Beng. I am reminded of how I should feel when things are not what I expect them to be.

Have a happy week, Ate Beng!

Unknown said...

hi beng. my new year didn't start well and i hope it doesn't continue.

i have been confined in the hospital since the 2nd day of the new year. hope my luck change for the better soon.

happy new year!

Ciela said...

Yes Beth, that's the best thing we can do when the best isn't happening. Smile it off and try to be happy regardless of the not so good circumstance existing. A bit hard sometimes but as Martha Washington puts it, it depends on our disposition.

Happy to see you here again Beth! Blessings to you in your work and home life.

Ciela said...

Sorry to hear that Noel! Looks like not a good buena mano for the year 2013 huh?! I hope by this time, you are back in good shape. Stay well and bouncy. Take care!

PinayWAHM said...

Ate beng...ngitian mo lang yan at lahat ay malulusaw. Haha....seriously, yung quote mo eh swak na swak sa sinasabi mo so take it easy and hopefully, things will turn out right.

@my weight loss...actually ayoko namang pumayat...gusto ko lang mapunta sa ibang lugar [ng katawan] yung iba. Kaso mukhang tumirik na sa tyan ko yung 'unwanted' eh. Hay buhay....

Relax lang....

Huling

Pearl said...

Tita beng,
Happy new year! Sorry late na ang bati. Katulad mo, naging busy rin ako:( Have so many things to do, to organize and to plan...so far, wala pang natatapos. Our tree and Christmas decor are still here, hopefully we will be able to get rid of it and packed our decors this weekend.
Hope you're feeling good today!
hugs, Pearl

Ciela said...

Yes Huling! That's why I copy pasted that quotation para may reinforcement yung aking powers to take things lightly. So far, deadma lng with smile ang kailangan. Lol!

Happy to see you always Huling! Mwah!

Ciela said...

Hi Pearl! I think being busy will always be with us, mothers and wives! Kinda difficult at times but also brings happiness if for the family. di ba?

Thank you for your precious time here, Pearl! Ingat!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.