Sunday, February 3, 2013

Dunsulan Falls, Clark and Subic in a Day – Part 2

In continuation of the Part-1 post with same title, Clark was next in our itinerary. Sis is a passionate   driver, hence, we reached Clark, Pampanga almost in a wink of an eye.  Lol!  We were in Parkson Duty Free Shop way before lunchtime.   Shopping for sporty shirts, little knick knacks and what-have-yous!   Then moved to another duty free shop named Oriental.  I remember having visited this shop more than a decade back.  It was truly unbelievably cheap stuff they had back then unlike today.  Yet, we didn’t leave without a loot even if it’s just a pack of chips and chocolates.  Just to say we bought something eh. We finished rounding the shops at around 2pm.  We wouldn’t have noticed the time if not for our growling tummies.  
Went to lunch in one ordinary looking eating place. Likewise, cuisine is ordinary, but tasty and delish!  Not surprising why I spotted a good number of beautiful uniformed flight attendants lunching in one long table. I learned it is the favorite eating place of airline employees in the vicinity.  

Next, we passed by the SM Clark.  My ‘tourist guide’ sis, brought me there when I mentioned I haven’t been to that specific SM branch yet just to satisfy my curiosity.  Thereafter, we headed to Subic in less than an hour via SCTex.  When in Subic, it’s hard not to be enticed and be lured to big discount sales.  OC  struck again when I saw my favourite Fitflops on sale together with other popular named footwear.  Hmmn.. partly blaming big sis on that. Haha.. but no regrets. I love my loot!


SM Clark





As we rounded up our day in Subic, sis bought a mouth watering Beef Bake Roll from “S n R”!  The serving was tremendously huge that i was full till the following morning. 

You think I was drained and exhausted?  Nah.. not me!  We were up before sunrise the next morning to catch the breathtaking seascape in the nearby fishing village and picnic park.  I really love seeing bodies of water and sis knows that.  She may not know it, but I appreciate all the efforts she throws on me every time! For these and everything else, including the sumptuous food she always prepares for me,  I wanna say "Thank You, Ate!"

18 Comentários:

Mharms said...

What a wonderful getaway. And the food, looked really delicious! lalo na yung pakbet.

Marms
http://www.leytestar.com/

Ciela said...

Hi Marms! Yes, it's indeed a wonderful getaway. I had a blast talaga!

Thanks so much for the visit! See you around!

Dhemz said...

such a great getaway for the whole fam titaBeng...next time sama mo naman ako...I love food trip...ehehhe!

a quick visit lang po..sensya at ngayon lang uli naka dalaw....:)

eastcoastlife said...

My son visited Subic in 2006 at the invitation of his friend and enjoyed his holiday there. He bought back 4 pairs of branded running shoes which were much less expensive than in Singapore.

J said...

drooling here Tita B. OMG! ano yung 1st food pic? fish yan di ba? grabe at naglalaway talaga ako.

hope all's well with you. have a great week!

Ciela said...

Hello Dhemz! Come on over anytime and we'll go on foodtrip! haha.. as if not enough ang food trip ng taga-Texas huh? Kayo pa?!

Thanks for passing by Dhemz! See you around again!

Ciela said...

@eastcoastlife: Glad to know that your son had been to Subic and had grabbed himself a couple of branded rubber shoes. Happy for him! Just like my daughter who bought a pair of popular brand shoes from Marina Bay Sands and went home happy with her purchase. Lol! A nice souvenir for the kiddos from each other's country!

Thanks much for the visit! Take care!

Ciela said...

Yes J, the first pic is Guinataang Tambacol. Don't know if you're familiar with it. It's really nice coz it's perfectly cooked with lots of coconut milk.

Doin' fine here J. Hoping the same with you! Ingat lang lagi!

PinayWAHM said...

Was here yesterday but was busy sneezing so hindi ako nakapag-iwan ng mensahe. As usual hanggang titig at paglalaway lang pwede kong gawin. I really like the nilaga/bulalo....naglalaway ako just looking at it. Ano yung isa...yung parang torta? Meron kasi dating niluluto Nanay ko na alamang na piniprito....sus kasarap....parang ganun itsura.

@pics of our random road trips...alang pics Ate Beng kasi asa daan lang kami...puro driving lang talaga. We don't stop most of the time. We have a few shots here and there. Don't worry, I'll post those sa blog ko one of these days....just for you....hehe.

Huling

Ciela said...

Huling, sana magaling ka na by today.
Style lutong bahay yung lahat ng food. Mga luto pa nung mga nanay nung araw. I also cook them at home. Akala ko Okoy yung parang torta, pero malliit na fish pala. Sarap din kasi crunchy.

Pure driving around pala kayo ha? Ayaw talaga maglakad at mamasyal sa mga sulok?!! Basta, wait ko yang mga pics na yan! =)

See you again Huling! Tc!

J said...

hala I'm not that familiar with tambacol. nowadays, loves ko seafoods kaya I gravitate towards them kahit sa pics lang. yung crabs and pusit nga eh sobrang drool ako hehe.

hope you're having a great day.

Ciela said...

J, I think tambacol is only a local name. Probably why you're not familiar with it. The fish is like the small version of tuna.
Sarap naman kasi ng seafoods eh. For me, anything but pork! Lol!

Thanks J! At salamat sa pagbisita lagi. May all your days be bright and gay!

Pearl said...

ayos ang bonding nyo ng sister mo tita beng ah:-) Shopping and eating, ang saya!

PinayWAHM said...

Uy oo nga at okoy ang tawag dun. Parehas din ng niluluto ni Mader....with the small fish o kaya small shrimps [may tawag din dun sa shrimps na yun kaso limot ko na]

TGIF na naman dyan Ate Beng! Wee hheeee.....ala na yung allergy attack ko...nakatulog na kasi ako ng mahaba haba...toink!

Enjoy the weekend!

Huling

Ciela said...

Yes, Pearl, it's always pasyal, eating and shopping when with my big sis. Sya ang taga-aliw ko everytime I feel bored. Kinda blessed to have her as my sibling.

Thanks much for your time Pearl! Always glad to see you here!

Ciela said...

Glad to know na wla na yung salbaheng allergy at feeling well ka na Huling. Nakikita ko kasi ang discomfort niyan ke dawter dito. Hirap din ang loob ko everytime me attck din sya ng ganyan endless sneezing usually in the morning.

Yeah, it's TGIF na! Thinking of going south of Manila. Sana matuloy.=)

Salamuch sa pagbisita lagi Huling. Alam nyo naman how the presence of my "adopted pamangkins" make my day bright and gay!

PinayWAHM said...

Ate Beng! I posted some pics na....a pwamis is a pwamis...hehe

Enjoy the weekend.

Huling

Ciela said...

Yes, Huling! Have visited and seen those awesome post and pics! Thanks so much for keeping that pwamis!
Luv yah!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.