Saturday, September 20, 2008

Beef Broccoli

Inspired by the food blog posted by a blogger buddy, I managed to cook this one dish based on his recipe. I’ve been cooking this recipe since years back when I was yet trying to imitate those dishes we have tried from some authentic Chinese restaurants we have dined in. I didn’t know that one spice spells a big difference to the dish itself. The moment I tasted my finished product, immediately I realized what ingredient I was missing all along, it is ginger! Now, my Beef Broccoli taste like an authentic one from a Chinese restaurant. My thanks to Ken, of Manong Ken's Karinderia.


Beef Broccoli

Ingredients:

  • beef
  • broccoli flowers
  • garlic
  • onion
  • soy sauce
  • olive oil
  • sesame oil
  • ginger - (the one I've been missing all along)
  • salt
  • ground pepper

Procedure:

  • Slice beef thinly. In a bowl, mix sliced beef, corn starch and soy sauce, ginger and sesame oil. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.

Cut broccoli into flowerettes.

  • Heat oil in pan. Add the remaining ginger in the heated oil for a minute then add the marinated pieces of beef. This is done in high heat. Mix and toss. When beef is cooked remove from pan. Then saute garlic and onion. Dropped the broccoli floweretes and bring back the beef. Add a little water just enough to cook the broccoli.
  • Cover and simmer. Add corn starch dispersed in water. and little soy sauce to taste. Add a dash of ground pepper. Serve hot.
For a more detailed procedure, you may want to visit Ken's Blog.

10 Comentários:

Ken said...

Woo hoo! What was the reaction of the people that you served the dish?! Thank you so much for validating this recipe :-).

Ken

Raquel Nilson said...

I just realized that recipe came from Manong Ken's site. I love his monthly recipes!!!

Ika Devita Susanti said...

looks delicious:D:D:D

Kikey Loo said...

too bad, i don't eat beef...

ßrigida ∫chmidt © Copyright said...

I'm a fan of Beef Broccoli but I dont know how to cook it so I just buy and eat it at Chinatown and other Chinese Restaurants, haha!

Thanks for giving me the ingredients and procedures. I've copied it. I will experiment on it when I find time =)

Anonymous said...

The love the red outfit. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

drooling ~.~ Besides broccoli, I think we can have beef with french fries. I've tried this several times and it tastes just great. ^^

Anonymous said...

ahh ngutom ako!-_^.! yum yum!!

i super love beef! pero this recipe looks more delicious plus healthy pa..

DebbieDana said...

I love beef and broccoli, and I never get tired of it! I will try this recipe one of these days!

raquel said...

here is the burong mustasa recipe you gave me...sarap!!!

http://www.cafenilson.com/2008/10/pickled-mustard-greens-burong-mustasa/

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.