Sunday, September 7, 2008

Pasta Cravings

A while ago, I opened up my mail and found the subscription mail from my niece’s blog. It shows a mouth watering Penne Pasta recipe and a tasty looking Baked Roll. It has made me crave for those. If only she’s a house away I could have been there right away and would have grabbed for some. But can’t, coz she’s miles away on the other side of the globe, particularly in San Diego, California. Nevertheless, I just can’t stop my craving. It’s good that I still have some elbow macaroni left in the cupboard. Glad as I am that I could make some macaroni salad. But there was no chicken available so I made use of what is in the ref. I found some Crab Sticks and Shrimps so I substituted them for the chicken. I made it without any measurements. Just mixed the mayo, onions, pineapple tidbits together with its juice, salt, freshly ground black peppercorns, chopped shrimps, cut crab sticks, cheddar cheese and that’s about it. Hubby just came out from his afternoon nap when he saw what I was preparing and asked me if I am expecting a visitor. When he learned it was for them, he sat on the dining table and took it right away. After consuming a good serving, he gave his thumbs-up sign and that's my consolation. If not for Raquel’s pasta, they won’t be having some today. (Note to Jay: Do I make a good copy cat?)

12 Comentários:

The Islander said...

i am drooling everytime i see shrimps on the table. theyre mouthwatering, even in pics. hehe

Raquel Nilson said...

EXCELLENT!!! Sarap ng macaroni salad. The crabsticks and shrimp are perfect. Who needs chicken. Here they call that SEAFOOD MACARONI SALAD. O di ba? At May ube ice cream pa. Yummmy talaga! O sige, what is next on the cooking school? What are we cooking for next week?What is in your refrigerator? I just arrived in Tahoe and my ref is empty. I only have dog food. :(

Tom said...

Okay, that one was good!

ßrigida ∫chmidt © Copyright said...

My mom used to make this macaroni salad when I was young and it looks similar to your pasta. So I would then call it Macaroni Salad, hehehe! Does it taste delicious like my moms? I guess so.

Here in the US when you say Salad, they don't serve macaroni stuff, it's all tossed greens (vegetable salad) automatic. That's an eye opener for me. Now I know. But I realized its more healthy and tastes a lot better! Try it!

Ciela said...

To the islander: I guess you need not to coz sea foods are abundant in your place, right?

To Raquel: Actually, I want to copy all that you're cooking. Only problem is Tito Tom hasn't replaced my oven yet. So you are in Tahoe again, but no more skiing this time of the year. Am I correct?

To Bridge: I think this kind of salad is very ordinary here coz it's easy to make.I do make green salads too. Coz it's hubby's fave, we always have it on the table and as you've said, pretty healthy too!

To Tom: Is there anything I cooked you didn't like? Can't think of one. he he

raquel said...

you have to watch out for the grand opening of my new blog -- CAFE NILSON. I will put all recipes only. Still working on the design and typing recipes takes a long time. Not to mention taking pictures.

Tom said...

I have new favorite - the shrimp salad. Please prepare one. Yum yum!

Constance Chan said...

wow that looks absolutely delicious! thanks for visiting my blog.

i love penne pasta too. love it when the sauce goes into the loops.

Anonymous said...

I love pasta. My sis often does it for me. Yummy, yummy ~.~

Dexter said...

I Just learn from Tom that you are now blogging.. Just keep it up.. And continue informing other about your niche..

Dexter
http://techathand.net

Kikey Loo said...

the pasta look so yummy!!!

p/s: i had link u up in my blog. :)

DebbieDana said...

Oh my...........it looks so yummy!!!! Now i'm starving!!! hehe

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.