Monday, February 8, 2010

The celebration of two

There was no plan at all to celebrate daughter’s birthday. She was contented at home coz it was no work day and she was with her netbook and dvd’s. Thinking that we’re not going out to celebrate, I just cooked for her a little spaghetti and bought her a small birthday cake. She blew her candle and that’s it! Celebration is done. Or so I thought! I was wrong coz there was a call from Sil asking us to go out for dinner. She wants a combined celebration since she had just celebrated her birthday last Thursday, February 4. Daughter was more than glad agreeing to the idea. And so we headed to our usual dining place, the Emerald Restaurant in Roxas Blvd. Although far from our location, we all preferred that place for its good food. It was just us, her family and ours, though her's wasn't complete. Everyone seemed to have enjoyed the food we ordered, like steamed Lapu-lapu, Shrimp salad, fried chicken, pancit canton, corn soup with quail eggs, beef with broccolli. and some I forgot the name. As we were about to finish eating, I remembered I have my camera with me but the food were almost gone. Anyway, I was able to catch a few.


I love roses that I can't help but post this.

This is half of the bouquet she received from

a friend. It was as if it's mine that I was the

one who arranged them on flower vases while

daughter is watching by.


Her little birthday cake.


The simple spaghetti.


The 2nd round of yang chow fried rice.


This' what has remained of the steamed lapu-lapu.

The other dishes were nowhere to be found, (lol!)


The two celebrants seemed to have enjoyed their birthday celebration. It is all what matters after all!


To all of you, have a great start of the week!


13 Comentários:

Lee said...

Hello Beng Gee, many happy returns of the day to your daughter. Happy birthday. A birthday is just another 365 day trip around the sun, enjoy the trip, bring sunglasses, ha ha.

Hey! You look sensational in your new profile pic. Wow! Outstanding! For a moment I thought I was at wrong blog, ha ha.
Your hubby sure knows how to pick his women, *wink*.
Glad he was not where I was when young, or else our florists will retire early, ha ha.

Love that 'lapu lapu' fish....looks delicious.
I have heard of Roxas Dr. Guess it is a famous road in Manila, huh?
You stay young, stay beautiful and have a great week, Beng Gee, Mabuhay, Lee.

Yen said...

Hello, Nice to know you, followed you po. I love foods too and family bonding whenever ne of the family members celebrate their day.

J said...

yum yum.pahingi nga Tita B.

I sure noticed your new profile pic. you look awesome!!

juliana

Liz said...

Emerald? Sarap dyan! Their Buddha Soup is superb!

A Simple Life
Mommy's Little Corner
Moms... Check nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Dhemz said...

indeed! ang importante nag enjoy ang mga celebrants....kakagutom naman tong post mo tita Beng...:)

love the cake...so cute...super bait mami po talaga kau...gumawa kapa ng spag...yumyum!

thanks for sharing titaBeng...salamat din sa dalaw at comment....:) sensya na po at ngayon lang me nakadalaw ulit...:)

Verna Luga said...

Beng, Salamat sa dalaw...

Tama, I already stop celebrating loud birthdays for my children, binabakasyon nalang namin ...

nice to know you ... followed and added you already to my link ... see you around..

Chubskulit Rose said...

Nagutom tuloy ako TitaB hahaqha, love the roses!

Gorgeous MUM said...

Just the way you described the dinner you had made me hungry! Makes me want to go to a Chinese restaurant tonight for dinner. I know it was doubly fun for you guys because it's a double celebration with family around. Right here, it's just my boy and me! Hahaha!

Good to know that your darling daughter's celebration ended with a great family gathering!

Verna Luga said...

Tita Beng thank you so much! I added you to three of my blogs.

Anything Davao
In This Side of Town
Some Things Are Free

Race said...

wow birthday ng big baby gir mo pala, cute ng cake nya at mukhang busog to the max kayong lahat, wala na bang natira :-) you really love roses ano? dyan kayo pareho ng Mom ko, she always love flowers nasa garden or nasa vase man hehehe! as long as flowers minsan nga kahit artificial basta maganda at regalo sa kanya love nya rin!

tagal na ng huling eat out ko sa emerald actually first and last ko yon kase layo samin eh!

i love little celebration din with little spaghetti :-) and with little cake but with BIG appetite!

regards tita bheng and take care always!

Race said...

wow birthday ng big baby gir mo pala, cute ng cake nya at mukhang busog to the max kayong lahat, wala na bang natira :-) you really love roses ano? dyan kayo pareho ng Mom ko, she always love flowers nasa garden or nasa vase man hehehe! as long as flowers minsan nga kahit artificial basta maganda at regalo sa kanya love nya rin!

tagal na ng huling eat out ko sa emerald actually first and last ko yon kase layo samin eh!

i love little celebration din with little spaghetti :-) and with little cake but with BIG appetite!

regards tita bheng and take care always!

PinayWAHM said...

Simple celebration...that's the way we like it here as well.

Nagutom ako sa fried rice! Maybe I should make some for dinner tonight...hehe

How is it going Ate Beng? I'm back from deep sleep....hehehe. Kakatamad mag blog kapag umuulan eh. It's clear here today but more rain tomorrow....hay...

J

roti korea said...

nice post. I like it. it was bring me back to the chilhood memories.

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.