Sunday, November 28, 2010

Skywalk Adventure and Edge Coaster Ride

Our four day vacation (30th wedding anniv cebration) is over but I still got a hang-over of the spine-tingling adventures we had. The big kiddos’ goal on this Cebu trip of ours is to experience the so-called Skywalk and Edge Coaster Ride in Crown Regency Hotel and Towers in Cebu. I never had an inkling that I will be joining them on that crazy adventure. But with the non-stop nudging I somehow got the nerve and gave in. Thus, we took the elevator to the roof top, (I think it's the 38th floor) after paying the 900php/pax at the 26th floor. The price includes entrance fee, Edge Coaster Ride, Skywalk Adventure and Buffet dinner at the Hotel’s Roof Top Restaurant. Just by looking down at the ground down below while at the glass elevator made me shiver let alone stepping out onto the open railings for those heart pounding Sky Experiences. Whew! I nevertheless managed to collect all the courage in the world after having seen the big kiddos and other adventurers surviving the Edge Coaster with gusto. They even played on tilting the coaster over and over.. Omg!

Here are some photos taken by daughter and her friend (and the Tower's official photog)

The Crown Regency Hotel & Towers taken from the Museum Residence of Late Pres. Sergio Osmena.

Signage on the wall

Daughter posing on the Edge Coaster's rail track before dark.
Feeling like I'd be ejected from my seat.
Do I look scared? Lol!
My family plus daughter's special friend in the wacky mood before the freaky moment.
I was asked to extend my left limbs beyond the edge and that's the farthest I could give. Lol!
Hubby demonstrated how. Omg!
On the glass flooring where one can clearly see 38 floors below.



Those were just few of the exciting activities we had while in Cebu. Will post other escapades later. Thank you for your precious time. Have a great day!

19 Comentários:

Lee said...

Hi Beng Gee, wow! First time I read, see pics of this 'Edge Coaster'. Never heard about it before.
But one thing is, you can count me out with all this, ha ha.

We have a huge game park here with one of the World's highest and scariest roller coaster, and never been there. My wife too not keen.

But I love the pics here....never knew they have such entertainment to scare people, ha ha.
And that night scene is really gorgeous.
Hey, you look good in the pics....no parachute? Ha ha.
Ingat ka palagi, Lee.

Dhemz said...

my gosh...you don't look scared at all...you are having a blast...parang wala lang...hahahaha...ang saya-saya nang getaway nyo te....love the photos...thanks for sharing!

J said...

mukhang scared ka nga ba? parang hindi. the pics are awesome. biglang na miss ko ang Cebu. did you bring home danggit?

dami kong na miss dito. belated happy anniversary! hope your week is going great. take care!

Beth said...

parang di ko kaya yan, ate beng! siguro pag kasama ko si hubby, pwede pa! nakakakaba!!! siguro, best experienced yan pag gabi no? sige nga, masubukan pagdating ni hubby hehehe :)

Happy Wedding Anniversary!!! May God continue blessing your union! :)

Mayet said...

the view is amazing and wow! what a courage. I don't think that I'm up to it--scared of heights

Cheryl said...

Oh my gosh, what an adventure! I would be petrified to try this. You are very brave! But I must say it does look like a lot of fun!

Ciela said...

@Uncle Lee: I never thought of getting into that crazy adventure too eh. It turned out to be real thrill and fun,anyway.(that's as far as I'm concerned huh, Lol!)

Yeah, it was truly a fantastic sight of city lights!

Thanks for the kind words Lee. I'm glad you can't see my shaking knees. ha ha..

Thanks too for your precious time! Ingat also!

Ciela said...

@Dhemz: Initially, I was too nervous but eventually, I nasanay na rin. Kaya hayun, medyo hindi halatang takot. he he..

Thanks for visiting again Dhemz!

Ciela said...

@J: Trying to act na hindi takot. he he.. medyo nale-lessen rin pala ang takot after a while eh.

Yes we brought home some danggit. Bilis nga maubos eh. Lol!

Thanks for the greeting. You were busy kasi sa kaka-travel eh kaya dami na-miss.

Thanks so much for the time now. See yah again J!

Ciela said...

@Beth: Naku, highly recommended 'to Beth! It's a different kind of feeling talaga. Kinda exhilarating! Best done talaga in the evening. Awesome ang view from the top! Try it pag-dating ni Fred. You won't regret it!

Salamat sa pagbati!

I hope you have completely moved on after your father's demise. Ingat lang lagi Beth!

Ciela said...

@mayet: Looks quite scary pero kaya mo yun! It's fun!

Thanks for stopping over! See you again soon!

Ciela said...

@Cheryl: Oh my gosh! Yes, that, exactly was my expression when I reached the top of the tower and looked down. Indeed terrifying but only momentarily. It will be gone after a while and be replaced with thrills and excitement. Lol!

Glad to see you again here Cheryl! Have a great day!

alf said...

nakakatakot yata tita beng. parang di ko kaya yan!

Mayet said...

came by to visit again!

NENSA MOON said...

WOWW... what a fantastic adventure, Beng!
I knew you have lots of fun..
I'm happy for you, friend!

Many blessings!
hugs,
nensa

Anonymous said...

Ang saya naman, napaka thrilling! That roller coaster looks like the one on Stratosphere in Vegas

Ciela said...

@Alf: I was thinking that way too. Pero kaya ko pala. So I'm sure kayang-kaya mo yun!

Ciela said...

@Hensa: Oh yes, we had a tremendous fun! It was a kinda scary but full of excitement! ..An extreme kind of adventure!
Thanks Nensa! I hope you're having a great weekend!

Ciela said...

@Angsarap: Ay oo! I've read somewhere it is a clone of that one in Vegas, the Stratosphere. The engineer who constructed the stratos is also the one who created the local one. And there's another kind of extreme ride in the making to be opened in 2011. I say, great!Lol!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.