Friday, November 5, 2010

Our "Undas" 2010

For those who are not familiar with Tagalog words, the title means All Saints' Day 2010.  We commemorated the day by getting together in Holy Cross Memorial Park in Novaliches where my parents were buried and In the Holy Redeemer Church Columbary where my brother’s ashes was put to rest.  We spent the whole morning in my parents grave and the whole afternoon with my brother's.  I’m thankful  that my sis’ family and my brother’s son together with his family were able to join us in the cemetery.   My cam acted up again so got no photos of my own. Good thing, daughter was able to take some shots and I was able to grab these few.
Lighted candle for the souls  of the departed loved ones.





Wanna know whose hiding behind that umbrella?...

.
                                                                                   

Ta daa!  He's none other than the mischievous kid, Kalvin, my grandnephew!

10 Comentários:

daphne sy said...

Belated happy Halloween! well I visited my grandma's grave and reminisce each moment with her, so sad but I know that she's in heaven right now=)
my blog, healthy flat

yonca said...

You have a wonderful family Beng Gee!
Kalvin is so cute:)

Beth said...

I like the pics, Ate Beng! Ang gaganda! Good to know you had bonding moments with the family! :)

Have a blessed Sunday! :)

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Ate Beng...

I miss Undas!! It's been more than 15 years since the last one na naka observe ako with family. Walang ganyan dito [at sa Taiwan],

How's your weekend? Dito ang LAMIG LAMIG LAMIG!! Parang asa langit ang asawa ko kasi eskimo yun eh.

@glue gun - hahaha. Everything here in the house ako ang takbuhan...bigla syang nabo-bobo pag ganun....hahaha.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Huling

Lee said...

Hi Beng Gee, its good to pay our respects to our dearly departed.
Wish I can do so too, but its other side of the World.
Have not visited my parents grave 15 years.
But I do say some prayers to them from here....I'm sure they can hear me, ha ha.
Ingat ke palagi, Lee.

Beng said...

hi tita beng! wow bongga pala ang PR mo....sorry MIA ako ngayon kasi supppppeeeerr busy! thanks for keeping in touch!

J said...

hola! nakaka-miss ang undas. dito hanggang trick or treat na lang sila with their matching costumes.

hope you're having a great week Tita B.

NENSA MOON said...

Hi Beng,
here in my place I usually visited my family grave on Eid...
Thanks God but I'm so lucky that my parents was still in good health and life... hope they will be stay strong and healthy..

Thanks beng for sharing the story and photo.
Your grandnephew kelvin was so cute on the pic.

Have a great week, my friend!
hugs,
nensa

Chubskulit Rose said...

He is so cute hehehe

Dhemz said...

I like the second pic...what a cutie...:)

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.