Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Red tide in Bataan


A bad news has been aired in the early morning news today.  The Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources has given out information that the coastal towns of Bataan are currently afflicted with Red tide.  Along with the information comes a warning against consuming shellfish harvested from those towns.  And that absolutely breaks my heart!  Why?  Because I will surely miss having mussels  and oysters on our outing this coming weekend.

oysters

mussels

shrimps

You see, I always look forward to having prawns and other seafood every time we go outing in Bataan. This time around though, on my sis’ birthday blow-out,  seafood definitely would be missed out on the picnic table. I truly hate this red tide!  Now, I have my own guessing game what my Ate would prepare for her birthday blow-out.  I could hardly wait for weekend to come!

8 Comentários:

alf said...

kabibili ko lang sa supermarket ng tahong..wala naman sigurong red tide dito. lol.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Ouch, katakot pati ang red tide. Ingat TitaB.

Anonymous said...

Buti na lang dito walang red tide, paborito ko pa naman seafood saka kaluluto ko lang din ng seafood.

PinayWAHM said...

Naku naman....di ba pwedeng bumili sa mga ibang lugar na dadaanan nyo? Just looking at the pictures eh na miss ko tuloy ang tahong. I don't a lot of those here. Hipon we get it frozen para magtagal....ang mahal nga lang.

Hopefully, your sis' bday will be memorable kahit alang seafoods. Happy birthday to her!

Hope your week is going great kahit may malungkot na balita....

Huling

yonca said...

Happy birthday to your Sis. Those pics are great!I love mussels:)
Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family, Beng Gee.

Dhemz said...

ay sayang naman...ehehhe! buti alang red tide dito...ehehee...dito naman frozen...lol!

MinnieRunner said...

It's a sad news, for seafood lover like me :(

Ciela said...

@Alf: I don't think so too, Alf! Dito lang naman yata mahilig mag-stay ang red tide toxins e!

@chubskulit: Yeah! Thanks, Rose!

@angSarap: Good for you!I've read you post. Lalo ako nag crave sa seafood! (sigh!)

@PinayWAHM: Naku, mahirap na makipagsapalaran! Tiis na lang for now! Very precious pala seafood dyan Huling?! Thanks in behalf of the celebrator!
The week is good so far. TGIF na naman Huling!..enjoy!

@Yonca:Nice to know you love mussels too! Thanks, Yonca!

@Dhemz: Buti pa kayo dyan, you can have seafood on your table. Kahit frozen, at least you still can enjoy it! Di ba Dhemz?

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.