Monday, October 18, 2010

Enjoy life while you can

I know most of you are young if not very young.  As some of you could  be my child, my niece/nephew or even my grandchild (ugh!).  Sorry that you may find this boring.   However, time will come that this will matter to you too! Oh yes, I'm sure of that!  Because  no one escapes getting old.  Unless you die young! 

The Secrets of Old Age

Before middle age – Do not fear!
After middle age – Do not regret!
Enjoy Your Life While You Can
Do not wait til you cannot even walk just to be sorry and to regret.
As long as it is physically possible, visit places you wish to visit.
When there is an opportunity, get together with old classmates, old colleagues & old friends. 
The gathering is not just about eating; it’s just that there is not much time left.
Money kept in the banks may not be really yours.
When it is time to spend, just spend, treat yourself well as you’re getting old.
Whatever you feel like eating, just eat!  It is most important to be happy.
Food which are good for health – eat often and more but that is not everything.
Things which are not good for health – eat less once a while but do not abstain from them totally
Treat sickness with optimism.  Whether you are poor or rich,
everyone has to go through the birth, aging, sickness and death.  There is no exception, that’s life. 
Do not be afraid or worried when you are sick.
Settle all the outstanding issues before hand and you will be able to leave without regret.
Let the doctors handle your body, God handle your life, but be in charge of your own moods.
If worries can cure your sickness, then go ahead and worry.
If worries can prolong your life, then go ahead and worry.
If worries can exchange for happiness, then go ahead and worry.
Our kids will make their own fortune.
Look After Four Old Treasures
1.     Your old body – pay more attention to health, you can only rely on yourself in this.
2.     Retirement funds – money that you have earned, it is best to keep them yourself.
3.     Your old companion – treasure every moment with your other half, one of you will leave first.
4.     Your old friends – seize every opportunities to meet up with your friends,   Such opportunities will become rare as time goes by.
Everyday you MUST smile and laugh

Running water does not flow back.  So is life, make it happy!
Life ends; when you stop Dreaming,
Hope ends; when you stop Believing,
Love ends; when you stop Caring,
And Friendship ends; when you stop Sharing. 


Source: Forwarded e-mail

8 Comentários:

PinayWAHM said...

Ay naku.....I can relate na kahit na hindi pa naman ako katandaan sabi nga ng ina ko. Paunti unti ko ng nararamdaman na ako eh nagkakaidad na rin so yes, this is something worth reading for me.

Buti naman pala at di kayong ganong sinalanta ni Ka Juan. It's always nerve-wrecking everytime na may balita na may super typhoon dyan. Actually kahit simpleng bagyo eh ninerbyos na ko minsan kasi nga madali kaming bahain because of our 'private' pool aka Pampanag river ata yun.

Thanks for letting me know about the situation sa atin. I wasn't able to talk to my family until last night here so your comment was very helpful.

Hope you're enjoying your week Ate Beng!

Huling

NENSA MOON said...

Wonderful post, Beng!
Enjoy life while you can.
I think, I'm strongly agree with this line..
but somehow we enjoy our life with still be in control, not too excessive in any case... so that in the end we didn't got any happiness from enjoying our life... but perhaps the catastrophe we got... Oh NOO!!

more smile,
nensa

yonca said...

Well said..The way goes to happiness is not a secret. But we don't notice sometimes..just waits to be discovered in us.Dream, hope,care and share..great message for all of us.Thanks for this beautiful post!

Lee said...

Hi Beng Gee...I love your first sentence of you being older than everyone.
Okay, you lose to me, ha ha...You can be my daughter. Ha ha ha.
I love this posting. How true....
brings to mind, to live with no excuses, to love with no regrets.

Manatili kang bata. At manatiling maganda. Laging magtabi ng await sa iyong puso. Ingat ka palagi, Lee.

J said...

so true, and this part rings true to how we are living our life -
"Money kept in the banks may not be really yours. When it is time to spend, just spend, treat yourself well as you’re getting old."

hope you're having a good start of anew week. take care Tita B.

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Ate Beng!

Tapos na weekend...waahhh....putol na din buhok ko....hahaha.

Yung bata dito eh kaarte na...ang gustong salamin eh yung takip buong mukha nya na parang si Paris Hilton...haha.

Hope you had a good weekend! Have a good week...

Huling

Beth said...

Ate Beng! Ngayon ko lang nadalaw un Bagac's Hidden Treasure post mo, at tama ka, un nga un nsa post ko din before! :)

As for this list, I like them all! I like the visit all the places you wish to visit, being the lakwatsera that I am! :)
Ska un getting together with friends and family! Oh my, you hit the right spot there, I need to get together na with friends! Dami na nagyayaya mkipag meet sa akin, nakakatuwa din to know people miss you di ba? :)

Hay, thanks for this post, super inspiring, just right to start my work week tomorrow! Kisses! :)

Chubskulit Rose said...

I love this composition TitaB, I actually have so many fears here wahhh.. I dunno but until now I'm still not comfortable and afraid to come out of my shell. I don't have the confidence I have had when I was still there in our country.

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.