Thursday, October 7, 2010

Trip to the Mall turned out to be trip to the ER


It’s not even from my farthest thought that our supposed shopping would turn out to be a trip to the ER. Last Tuesday on our way to the Mall, I was taking care that my M-i-l won’t stumble as we walked on the side of the road to get an FX taxi ride. With much caution, we were walking on what I thought is the safe side of the SM mall's terminal but I was shocked when I was hit from behind by a public utility jeepney.  That made the two of us fall to the pavement. My right foot was crushed and couldn’t pull from under the tire. It was like decades for me before the driver backed off because I was in severe pain screaming. The next thing I knew, I was being pushed in a wheelchair to the SM Mall’s clinic. Two nurses attended to me right away, one in a nurse uniform and the other in scrub top.  I noticed how skillful they were in providing first aid treatment apart from being very concerned to our condition.
 
After being given first aid, I was rushed to the nearby hospital in the jeepney that hit us.  We were still assisted by one of the nurses, the SM mall’s Building administrator and the guard that was pushing my wheelchair. At the ER, I was immediately attended to by doctors and nurses in scrub clothing. X-ray procedures were done and the result showed no broken bones, only deep abrasions and muscle contusions. My M-i-l incurred broken upper lip, yet I’m still thankful that it wasn’t her that got the brunt of the mishap. I still can’t walk normally, yet I’m truly grateful that we escaped a more serious injury.

11 Comentários:

Beth said...

Ate Beng, this is alarming. Sna nagslow down un jeep pag nasa mall area na sila kasi mdaming tao dun e. I hope you're already okay now. :)

NENSA MOON said...

Ohh Beng, I'm so sorry to hear that...
But I feel glad that you both get a quick first aid..
I hope your leg will recover soon.

Blessing to you,
nensa

Lee said...

Holy Smoke! Beng Gee....I sure feel good you are okay, not seriously hurt. Glad you were attended to immediately too.

So, any compensation, or insurance claims as you sure can't go to work.

Anyway, so glad you alright. Just stay easy, ya. Ingat ka palagi, lee.

Cheryl said...

Oh dear, what an awful thing to have happen to you. I am so glad you are o.k. Take good care and sending healing thoughts to you!

PinayWAHM said...

Ay sus! Ano ba yan....at least the driver stayed at hindi kayo tinakbuhan. I can't even imagine how you must have felt....parang ang sakit sakit naman. I guess now you have no choice but to take a break from the household chores, eh? hehe....

@our mall trip...ay naku sa susunod na bibili kami ng shoes ni E, eh ako ang pipili kasi malamang sa akin babagsak when she outgrows them again.

Take care Ate Beng and get well soon!

Huling

yonca said...

OhMy..Beng Gee, I'm so glad you're ok. Hope you're leg gets better very soon.Hugs!

Dhemz said...

oh my golly...hope you are ok now titabeng...kawawa naman kau.

alf said...

oh my god tita beng. grabe pala nangyari sa inyo. hoping for full recovery to you and your mil asap. take care always.

J said...

oh no!!! that must be real painful. how barumbado naman the driver! nevertheless, I'm glad to know that you and your MIL are doing better now.

veroniz said...

OMG! Good thing there's a clinic at SM and they gave you first aid. Yeah, it's good to know that you guys didn't suffer from a more serious injury. Hope both of you are doing okay now.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Oh my goodness TitaB, okay ka na ba? That's scary! Get well soon!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.