Sunday, April 7, 2013

My HongKong Holiday is Busted Again

I have blogged many times before how I miss HongKong as it was over a decade since I visited the place. I remember it was few days before its turn over to China from being a colony of British Empire. See, how loooong ago it was? 

There was a time, that I, along with a friend had booked for a Package tour but the travel  agent sent back friend’s passport as its validity was only good for few more months.  Until her husband had a stroke and the arranged HongKong Tour was totally dismissed.  I had also asked daughter once, to come with me and tour HK but she refused learning later that she already was set to  go with her friend and his family. She brought home some “pasalubongs” but my desire didn’t wane.


While roaming Clark with Sis last February, we saw this attractive HongKong Package offered in one of the duty free stores.  Sis and I looked at each other and the next thing I knew, we had booked for an early March group tour.  Coming with us would be her daughter and mine    I was ecstatic coz finally, my long desired holiday tour to HongKong would soon be realized.  

A week before our scheduled departure,  DH got sick and needed to be hospitalized.  I wasn’t at all alarmed coz I was thinking that he will be well soon.  However, came departure date but DH was still suffering from high fever, his illness not detected yet.  The excitement to see HK  suddenly dwindled.   Only then did it come to my conscious mind that HongKong escapes again, next to my money that’s been blown away.

Although daughter  was prodding me to go, "if there is someone who should go, it should be you, Ma!" heard her say.  Offered to stay behind to look after his father,  I refused.  How the hell would I enjoy if I worry for DH unstable in the hospital?  

I had forgotten about it all till I saw this photo from Sis’ FB account.  I was green with envy!   I just imagine I am on that photo with them.  

Daughter, niece and sis enjoying HongKong

Oh, HongKong! Why are you eluding me?  :(


Thanks for being here, buddies!  Have a blessed day everyone!


17 Comentários:

PinayWAHM said...

Because there is a bigger plan for you! What could that be? Can it be a trip somewhere else??? Hmmmm....let's wait and see....

Happy Sunday Ate Beng...este almost Monday na pala dyan. Regardless, I hope you had a great weekend.

Huling

Ciela said...

@PinayWAHM: How I wish mag-dilang anghel ka Huling! I hope I can go and see your beloved USA and meet uncle Sam. But no clear picture yet as of the moment!

How was your weekend? Hope you had a relaxing one!

Beth said...

Ate beng, how sad. But don't worry. You spent those precious gala time naman with hubby. I would've done the same. The Hong Kong trip would come. Just keep on praying! :)

Ciela said...

Sad talaga, Beth! But neither would I be happy if I went. O di ba, it's the normal thing sa ating mga wives! Still hoping that I could still have the chance to see HK one of these days though!

Thanks Beth! Have a nice week ahead!

Lainy said...

Like they say Tita Beng, if a door closes, a window opens up for more and better opportunities. Baka pang USA po ang beauty nyo, hehehe! Cheer up! Matutuloy pa rin ang HK adventure na yan. Kung di man ngayon, who knows? God always has better plans for us and most times, in the most unexpected ways.

Ia-add ko sa blogroll ko ang blog nyo na to, Tita Beng. Para madalas kong madalaw.

Hugs!

Ciela said...

Wish ko lang Lainy that all those opportunities could climb up the windows and get in. Lol!
But seriously, I agree with you that God always has better plans for us. We only have to keep the faith!

Thanks for the add, Lainy! Will try to update my blog roll as well with unlisted blogs of yours. :)

Thanks for your precious time! Stay beautiful as you always are!

Unknown said...

sabi nga: if at first you don't succeed, try and try again. ang umaayaw ay di nagwawagi at ang nagwawagi ay di umaayaw, he he he

Ciela said...

Noel, pwede rin try and try until you die! hahaha.. as for now... HK is no longer my priority. I'll save na lang for a more exciting place to visit. I hope it's sooner than later!

I wish you well! All the best, Noel!

foongpc said...

I love Hong Kong and I want to go there again! Hope you will be able to go Hong Kong soon! Best of luck!! : )

Ciela said...

@foongpc: I can't say if I'd still be able to visit HK. If there won't be a chance for me, it's alright with me. I've seen it before, anyway! I prefer to see a more exciting place now.

Thanks for your precious time.

J said...

Ako ay may prediction. Ikaw ay lilipad ng matagal - mga 18 hours siguro. Ang destination? Hulaan mo hahaha.

Kidding aside, you can go to HK with your eyes closed kaya don't be sad Tita B. But as you said, you prefer a more exciting place na, kaya yung hula ko eh baka magka-totoo.

Have a great day ahead. I'm sure mahimbing na ang tulog mo at this time.

Mharms said...

Hong Kong is a nice place to visit ate Beng. Lots of shops too :)

I wish to visit the place sometime in the near future.

Yung kurtina ko mukhang magtatagal din bago mapalitan ulit. :)

Marms
http://www.leytestar.com/

Ciela said...

I hope your prediction would come true, Madame J! Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for it! hehe..

Right you are, napahimbing nga ako ng tulog! Dead tired kasi!

Have a lovely day too, J!

Ciela said...

Yes Mhar, HK is a nice place talaga! Kaya lang, looks like iniiwasan nya ako eh. hehe.. kung ayaw nya.. wag nya! Lol!

Thanks for dropping by! Have a wonderful day!

Dhemz said...

awwwww...I hope your hubby is feeling a lot better now titaBeng...am sure you'll go back there someday!

I've been to HK once...pero hanggang sa airport lang...lol! haven't got a chance to explore the city...I wish someday though...:)

musta na po? hope all is well..sensya at ngayon lang uli nakadalaw...btw, natanggap nyo na po ba yung pinadala ko sayong small parcel last december/january?

ingat po!

Ciela said...

Dhemmmzzz!! Nice to see you here again! Missed you!

Happy that the husband here is completely well now. Kahit medyo nadiskaril ang HK tour okay lang as long as he's back to his normal health.

In your case, I'm sure you can go there (or any place you want) whenever you feel like it di ba? You've been to so many better/more beautiful place than HK anyway!

About that parcel you mentioned, unfortunately, hindi sya nakarating! I would have blogged about it right away kung na-receive ko. Naku, sayang naman yung effort and everything na binuhos mo dun! More likely than not e may nagka-interest on it sa Post Office. How sad!

But thank you just the same for thinking of me, Dhemz! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Your blog is very Informative, I like it so such, thanks for sharing the such information like;

hongkong package
hongkong tour package
hongkong macau tour package
places to visit in hongkong
tourist attractions in hong kong
hong kong tour packages with airfare
hong kong-macau itinerary 6 days 5 nights
superstar virgo hong kong cruise
6 nights 7 days hong kong macau tour with cruise

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.