Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sun, Sea and Serenity: Holiday Bliss in Thailand




You’ve heard that it’s paradise - the holiday destination to end all holidays destinations - but what is it about Thailand that’s just so appealing to visitors? The answer can be boiled down to three key attractions: sun, sea and serenity. If you're taking advantage of cheap holidays to Thailand, here’s how you can find all three:

Beautiful Beaches

The first of the two ‘S’s can be found along Thailand’s stunning coastline and on its remote islands. Indeed, Thailand’s sun-drenched beaches are renowned across the globe as some of the very best in the world.

Mae Haad beach on the island of Ko Tao (aka ‘Turtle Island’) is a hotspot for water sports. If you’re interested in kayaking, water-skiing or snorkelling during your visit, it’s the place to be. For a more peaceful beach scene, head to Kao Kwai on Koh Phayam island, a quiet hideaway for laid-back sun-seekers.

Of course, a guide to Thailand’s best beaches wouldn’t be complete without mentioning Sunrise Beach in the town of Haad Rin on Koh Pha Ngan. Home to the famous ‘Full Moon’ parties, Sunrise is the ultimate party destination.

Temples and Treatments

If you’re seeking the third ‘S’ on the list, serenity, there’s no easier place to relax and quiet the mind than Thailand. Take refuge in the country’s many majestic Buddhist temples. The Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep temple, situated atop Mount Suthep near Chiang Mai, is one of Thailand's most sacred sites and the ideal place for quiet reflection. For something a bit more surreal, check out the bizarre ‘White Temple’ in Chiang Rai.

Thailand is also known as a haven for health and wellness. It’s home to some of the best spas in the world, and treatments unique to Thailand have become popular all over the world. Thai massage involves a special method of stretching the muscles, as well as rhythmic pressing and even walking on one’s back. Every Thai spa offers authentic massages, while also providing other spa treatments like body wraps, scrubs, facials, manicures and pedicures.

Of course, there’s really no need to boast about all that Thailand has to offer - the country sells itself! Unlike other destinations, Thailand is not just a passing tourist trend. Its ancient traditions and unparalleled scenery make it an easy choice for anyone seeking sun, sea and serenity.


17 Comentários:

Beth said...

I would love to visit Thailand someday. Nasa bucket list ko siya, Ate Beng. :) hehehe, puro gala nasa isip ko, no?

Ciela said...

Bath, pareho tayo! Thailand is also in my bucket list. Haha.. Ganyan talaga ang mga gala tulad natin, mahaba ang nasa travel list.

See you around, Beth!


Beth said...

Ate Beng,
Anu-ano pa ba nasa bucket list mo, para magaya ko hahaha! Ako naman, while here in Saudi Arabia, I wish to visit the countries around it. Like UAE (Dubai and Abu Dhabi), Bahrain, Jordan (esp. Petra!) Qatar, Egypt and Israel. (Libre lang naman magwish e hehehe). Pero I just hope kahit man lang tatlo sa mga yan mapuntahan ko :)

Have a nice day uli, Ate Beng!

Ciela said...

U.S. ang nsa #1 list ko Beth. Kaya lang yung supposed na magsasama sana sa kin, feel ko di naman ako gusto isama! Sigh! Kaya eto, very upset! But life must go on. Dami pa rin naman magpapasaya sa kin! Lol! U.S of A. can wait! Habang may buhay may hope. Di ba?

Thanks much for your free time, Beth! You're one amongst those who truly brighten up my day!

Ingat!



May Ann Francisco said...

I would love to visit this country soon!

Beth said...

Hi Ate Beng,
Kmusta ka na? Nagbbeauty rest ka pa no? Sige lang, just take care of your health. Pahinga ka muna sa blogging. I'll visit you pa din naman every now and then. Have a nice weekend!

Ciela said...

Hello Beth! (..greeting with a big smile) So happy to see you drop by once again! Yes, still on rest mode. But will try to update soon. ..now that I feel better!

Musta na? I'm sure ma-beauty pa rin! See you around Beth! Stay well and God bless!

Beth said...

Hi Ate Beng,
Kamusta na? I was so sad to know what happened to Bohol. I remember nun mabasa ko un post mo about Loboc etc., I planned to visit all the places you've gone to. Pero for sure, iba na ang itsura ng Bohol. So maybe, iba muna destination unahin namin. I hope maka-recover agad sila.

Stay safe, Ate Beng!

Ciela said...

Hi Beth! Sensya na sa delayed publishing and reply of your comment. I rarely go online kasi these days. Anyways, heartbreaking talaga nangyari sa Bohol and nearby islands. Everything now is in shambles. Nothing is left of the attractive tourist spots we've so admired! Sana nga ma-restore pa yung pde i-restore. But looks like it's quite hard at this point in time. Unahin nyo na lang mag-tour sa Davao or Boracay. Both are worth visiting as well!

Thank you for your time, Beth! Ingat and regards!

eastcoastlife said...

I visit Bangkok annually tagging along with my hubby as he prays to the Four-face Buddha. It's a great place for yummy food and economical shopping.

Ciela said...

Hi Randy! I welcome new visitors to my site. Thank you for dropping by!

Ciela said...

Hello TCL! Glad to see you here again!

Nice to know that you are able to tag along with your husband to Bangkok every year. It surely is a great way to bond with him and enjoy shopping as well.
Thank you for your time. See you around!

Cheryl said...

Hello there! I have been away from blogging for several months but today I decided it was time to check in with my Facebook friends! I am so sorry to learn of your health issues. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts that you are improving quickly. What a lovely photo on this post, so serene and calming. Take care.

J said...

Hello!!!! Tita B.....

How's the resting period? Hope all's well with you and the fam bam.

Miss you po. Mwahugs!

Ciela said...

Hi Cheryl! So glad to see you here again! Yeah, noticed you've been inactive on blogging for a while. Well, I'm now on that same boat you are now disembarking. Lol! Anyways, thanks for dropping by. See you around!

Ciela said...

Hello J! So far, all's well except that I'm still clearing off the cob webs from my head to start blogging again. Lol!

I know I am missing a lot from my absence in bloghopping activity. Well, I won't promise but will try my best to blog and hop soon. Super dami na ng utang na dapat bayaran to the sweet and loyal pals and pamangkins in blogland.

Miss you more, J! Stay well and gorgeous as always!

J said...

Hello!!! Tita B

Nangangapit bahay lang po. I hope you're doing well.

Sige lang, rest to the max ang beauty mo. You need that.

Take care and God bless.

Mwahugs!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.