Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Don't Wanna Be Caught Unguarded

My long postponed annual work-up for a Mammography and Breast Ultrasound is finally done, albeit being occupied with so many responsibilities. There was a scheduled date with my sister last Saturday but she postponed it thus the completion of my medical check-up instead. I have to say that this diagnostic exam is the most unpleasant medical exam for me. If only I can evade such procedure, I would. But there’s no denying I need it, so, that awful procedure struck me again. At least I’m done with it for this year together with the Breast Ultrasound. Sometimes, I get sick and tired of all these check-ups. But knowing that the illness that struck me was no ordinary migraine, I better keep myself fully guarded before the dead cancer cells come back from the grave. I’m blessed to have survived the big C for 16 years. Already declared a clean bill of health yet, I don’t wanna be caught unguarded if ever my enemy would lurk around, (I pray God would forbid!)

The result of my diagnostic exams will be released later today. Relying on the words of the doctors who performed the tests, I feel confident for a normal result again, that's with my fingers crossed. I’ll keep you posted anyway.


The ultrasound machine.

Red lighted door means on-going examination.

Took this photo while waiting for my turn.

While undergoing ultrasound with the very
friendly doctor.

In the meantime, let me plan for my forthcoming birthday. I’m so excited to be celebrating with my closest relatives. I’m scouting for an affordable private pool in Calamba, Laguna. Any suggestion guys?

17 Comentários:

PinayWAHM said...

Thank God it's over and done with! Here's keeping everyday I have crossed for a clean bill of health!!!

Sending you some positive vibes Ate Beng!...and I'll be waiting for the invite for that birthday party of yours....hehehe.


J

foongpc said...

Is the diagnostic exam very unpleasant or is it just lots of hassles?

Congrats for being cancer free for 16 years! I'm sure you will get through this with a clean bill of health : )

Dhemz said...

oh my...glad to know about this info atebeng...am sure God will forbid....hope oks lang result ng test.....:)

Wow te malapit na pala ang birthday mo? when is it? wow super bongga private pool pa...can't wait to see the pics....:)

Ciela said...

@ Pinay WAHM - Thanks J! Sending you now the invite. Get that ticket and fly over! Would love to have you joining in!

@ foongpc - well, the mammo exam is is awfully painful. Pressing the breast to the highest level. Ouch!!

@ Dhemz - layo pa bday ko. Over a week pa. Excited lang kasi ako, he he..

Beth said...

ate beng! you had the big C before?!?! wow naman, you're okay na! claim it, claim it! don't even doubt it! In Jesus' name, you are alright! I'm claiming it for you! :)

Anyway, kelan bday mo Ate Beng?

Mira said...

I also don't look forward to my mammography but it's just the pain I have to endure annualy for my peace of mind. I'm glad that you're big C free for 16 years now, keep it up! And advance happy birthday too!

Ciela said...

@ Beth - Thanks so much! July 20 pa bithday ko Beth. Layo pa!

@ Mira - Thanks a lot! I agree. Really had to endure the pain for peace of mind.

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Ate Beng!

Ano ba yung first comment ko...keeping *everyday crossed...hahaha...it should have been keeping *everything* crossed...

Naku sana nga ganun kadali to fly over and attend birthday parties noh? Yung pakpak ko kasi di pa tumutubu eh...

TGIF na dyan...woo hooo...

J

Chubskulit Rose said...

i dont blame you TitaB, i dont like it either.. so uncomfy!

Rosa said...

hi ate beng!:) can we xlink?

www.rosamuth.com
www.istarblog.com
www.pink-precious.com
www.babyko.info
www.express-liife.com

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Ate Beng....

Any news on the result yet?

Wishing you a great weekend.

J

DebbieDana said...

Let us know the result of your test, and hopefully it's normal...Let's continue to pray with intense faith lagi!

When's your birthday nga pala? Sama ako, ahehehehe!

Enjoy your weekend!!


Debbie :)

Gorgeous MUM said...

Hope the result was normal!

Good luck on your swimming party and advance Happy Birthday!

Nance said...

I don't really dread mammo as much as the colonoscopy! buti na lang ang colon. every 10 yrs lang...it's the prep that i can't handle, going to potty every half an hr. almost. :(

let's pray that you'll continue to be C free, 'te beng!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Hi TitaB, kumusta po?

Naadd na nga pala kita sa new baby ko, You can check it out here. add mo din ako please?

Have a blessed Sunday!

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Ate Beng...

Kamusta na? Napadaan to check updates here. I hope everything's well!

J

Shimumsy said...

naamoy ko nga malapit na ang birthday mo. many happy wishes for you. happy b-day advance. kisses.

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.