Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Manila Cathedral



-->
Sunday turned out to be one bright sunny day. We had no reason not to bring MIL around town, so being a Sunday, we opted to hear mass at the Manila Cathedral in Intramuros, Manila. MIL wanted to visit again the said cathedral after her last mass here last year.

It’s been a while for me too, since I last got to see the place that has much significance to me as well as hubby. In my younger days when I was yet single, I never did forget to pass-by this church every morning before I proceed to my place of work located right behind. And what had I been praying for then? Ha ha ha! Honestly? I was praying for the right man to come into my life since a previous relationship was a flop, And you bet! A man suddenly came up before me and I grabbed him by the collar and asked him to marry me! Awwwoooo!

Seriously? He popped up in the office and the rest is history.

Well, so much for history lessons... after hearing mass, we dropped by Joliibee at Ma.Orosa St, for our breakfast. Then to Trinoma Mall for some shopping.

A sumptuos lunch in Gilligans followed the shopping. After which we were to make a stop-over at SIL's place while hubby made a few laps of his bking exercise in UP Diliman campus..
'Twas already dinner when we reached home. I can sense, MIL had been satisfied.

10 Comentários:

Chubskulit Rose said...

sarap naman ng weekend nyo TitaB, very meaningful! we failed to attend the mass last Sunday!

Nostalgic Marveling
Etcetera Etcetera
Spice up your LIFE!
Obstacles & Glories

sailor said...

I would love to go biking with your hubby hehehe.. Its been a while since i last rode a bike..

Underway! Shift Color
Sailor's Adventures & Opinions

escape said...

wow! so it's not just a historical landmark to you. hehehe... it's one of the most beautiful church considering its exterior.

♡ N o r e e n said...

oh wow. The last time I was at Intramuros was about 15 years ago! :(

Jade said...

I was an Intramurous recently but hadn't hyad the chance to roam around. It's a very nice place full of history!

juliana said...

sounds like it was a tiring day yet filled with fun.

My last trek to the Manila Cathedral was when we did a shoot for our AV presentation sa wedding. It still is the same historical place as it's been.

inggit naman ako at ang breakfast ninyo is Jollibee. I wished may malapit dito close enough for breakfast.

alf said...

ako din matagal na di nakapunta sa manila cathedral. napapanood ko nalang sa tv.

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Ate Beng...

Kamusta ang sitwasyon dyan? You're in QC, right? I hope and pray na hindi kayo affected by the massive flooding caused by the typhoon. I started to wonder if you're indeed affected as I have not seen you hopping since it all went down.

Sending lots and lots of prayers your way....

J

PinayWAHM said...

Thank God you were spared by the flooding. It's very disheartening to see how many people are affected by it. Pataas ng pataas yung bilang ng mga namatay.

Stay safe.

J

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Ate Beng...

Nakikibasa lang. Bakit may ibon dito sa site mo? LOL...I just heard it now...kala ko something is wrong sa aking computer...di pala...isang munting ibon na nag tu-tuweet dito. Asan sya? Na curious ako bigla no?

J

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.