Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Musically Talented Father

Back when I was about 4 years young, the very first memory that was embedded in my mind was the image of my father (may God bless his soul) holding and blowing his own Trombone. It was when he was marching along with all members of the marching bands in the Town Fiesta of Binangonan, Rizal. The innocent me was then on the side of the road, watching the parade passing by. I was the naive little girl that time, that was in total awe with his father who could give a harmonious music with an astonishing instrument. I can only recall to be very proud of him that I couldn’t help but tag along beside him while holding onto his uniform pants in the parade. It was only when I became matured that I realized the great embarrassment I brought my father.

Fast forwarding the years, I can’t understand why only my big brother (may God bless his soul too) inherited all my fathers musical talent. Father could very well play Trombone, Clarinet and Harmonica while my big brother could play all three plus many other instruments like accordion, keyboards, piano, guitar and little on drums. I was interested in the guitar too when I was young but obviously now, the talent in me wasn’t as much as theirs.

Anyway, I still see the musical talents of my father down on grandchildren and great grandchildren. One plays the guitar, the other drums and another can play harmonica. These talents they greatly acknowledge came from their grandpa, my musically talented father.

6 Comentários:

Anonymous said...

Nice sharing!

p/s: Promote your blog on our Blogging Community. Meet other bloggers and get continuous traffic for your blog.

More Traffic = More Income!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Your post reminds me of my Lolo TitaB because he can play violin, banjo, and guitar. too bad, di ko namana lol..


Nostalgic Marveling
Etcetera Etcetera
Spice up your LIFE!
Obstacles & Glories

Chubskulit Rose said...

I bet, you are a good musician too, Ms. beng!

Underway! Shift Color
Sailor's Adventures & Opinions

escape said...

my parents are musically inclined too, but no one inherited the hands to play the guitar. neither the voice. hahahaha.... but at least two out of four can play drums.

PinayWAHM said...

Kakatuwa...palagay ko naman hindi na embarrass si Tatay mo...hehe. I think it's actually cute...

J

foongpc said...

You know what, I notice that Filipinos are musically very talented! I have Filipino friends here who can sing and dance and play musical instruments! It's in the genes, I guess?

So you didn't inherit your father's talent?

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.