Sunday, November 30, 2008

Accidents do happen

For many of us, an embarrassing information is carefully kept secret sometimes, but not me! Coz I’m shameless. (LOL) Here’s what happened. . .

I woke up earlier yesterday to make sure that I won’t be late for the Christmas Party of the Icanserve Group at lunch time. I don’t wanna be late coz I was worrying that I might lose the direction to Bibeth Orteza’s place in Forbes Park, Makati and another reason was that I was to wrap yet the gift that is requested for us to bring. At around 8:00am, I decided to ask Hubby to drive me to the place instead of me driving alone. And he obligingly agreed. He even washed the car freeing me from bringing it to the Carwash place. At about 9:30am I readied myself. As I was brushing my teeth, something fell to the floor. “Crackkkkked.!.” It was a sound of a broken thing! I was shocked to see my lower denture broken into two. Ugh! How would I go to the party with some teeth missing?! Hubby was consoling me that I still look alright coz I still have my front teeth complete. Maybe so, but I still felt awkward talking with missing teeth. A decision has to be made so I found myself texting Kara Alikpala, the group’s founder that I am not coming anymore and explained why. The ever sweet Kara understood my plight. I ended up spending the afternoon in my dentist's clinic while imagining the fun they’re having. My denture was fixed but the first Christmas Party for 2008 went kaput for me. Sigh!

11 Comentários:

Mira said...

Aww that was sad. I can only imagine how the excitement went down the drain after what happened. Anyway, I guess your decision to stay home was better than to feel awkward the whole time at the party feeling self-conscious. That case you won't enjoy the party too. Have a great weekend.

D said...

Aww, how unfortunate that you missed the party Tita Beng! You were really looking forward to it! Oh well, wala kang magawa, it happened na eh. hehehe Musta na denture mo? OK na?

Kikey Loo said...

sorry to hear that u miss the party..

PinayWAHM said...

And to think you're so excited to attend it since you missed the last one. Ugh!

There's always a next year, di ba? But I feel bad for you kasi di ka naka attend this time.

J

raquel said...

OMG! Parang comedy! hehehe..You should be glued it together with superglue, went to the party and not eat any of the food. Ooopss...I can't stop laughing....

jay

Ciela said...

@ Mira, Donabel, Kikey Loo and Juliana - I'm disappointed, but it's alright. Yeah, there's always a next time. Thanks for all the comforting words!

Ciela said...

@Raquel - You're bad! I know why you're laughing. You can imagine how I look. I had been thinking about that. Of gluing it with superglue, only I'm scared of being poisoned by the chemicals not intended for dentures. Btw, why can't I link www.cafenilson.com?

Anonymous said...

You are so practical..nice woman.i like the way you are.But sorry to hear that also that you have missed the christmas party.Dont worry its all in the game.bye takecare.

Anonymous said...

oh sorry to hear that tita beng. happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

awww! it's sad that you missed the party. however, i would do the same thing too Tita Beng. i would rather not go to the party if I feel uncomfortable.

Chubskulit Rose said...

hahahaha, that happened to me once too when we had our comapny retreat/tour in baguio, 5 years ago... di tuloy ako nakapunta sa grotto hahaha...

i added u on my list nga pala, hope u can add me here too.. pls let me know..

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.