Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ransacking Subic Bay Yacht Club

My niece is in town with her hubby, who’s gonna have a 3 day Grande Island birthday celebration next week. I am excited for that. Last Thursday, Niece and I, together with her mom drove to SBYC at Subic, Zambales. I picked her up and her mom early Thursday after dropping off my Hubby in his office. We had a stopped over at Shell, Nlex for a coffee at Starbucks. When we got back to the car, I took the front passenger seat leaving Niece on the wheel. This lady couldn't complain coz she knows, she's a much better driver than I am. While on the road, we thought of surprising my big sis in Bataan. And how she was! Sis drove us to Subic in her Avanza.


Every year, niece and her hubby come home from U.S. and treat us to a night or two at SBYC. This year, however, they won’t avail of their SBYC’s accomodation privileges so they chose to exchange it for bottles of wines, Angus beef and whatever the 42,000 pesos annual fees can consume. We had an excellent steak lunch, a good drink and mouth watering dessert. Niece had a difficult time finishing the said amount so we helped her by ordering on more food for our own take out. (Lol). We realized it isn’t easy to spend 42,000.- only on food and wine. Our thanks to her hubby, for sharing his membership privileges to us. I love my box of cheese cake! No other cheese cake tasted like it.


Went back home late after we took the car from sis’ place. Niece and I drove alternately. Reached Makati at around 8:30pm. Hubby went home with me after some bottles of beer with my niece's hubby in their place while they waited for us to return. As expected, I was the driver of a drunk passenger. But I didn’t mind coz I have seen SBYC again, indulged in good food and enjoyed the whole day with the ladies I truly cared for.


Here's sharing some photos:


10 Comentários:

PinayWAHM said...

You've certainly been busy Ate Beng. Good food with a good company is always the best thing...at may take out pa.

Here visiting you this morning. Baka di ako makabalik later on kasi I have bulutong na pang matanda....hehehe...shingles pala. I just turned 42 last week...and this is my welcome for turning a year older.....hahaha...

Enjoy the weekend.

J

Sara Monica Soriano said...

wow! P42,000 consumable for food alone?! Seriously, that's so much! grabe.. the pictures are beautiful. Been to Subic but not to SBYC. Glad you had a great time and a safe journey back. :)

Ivana said...

great shots!!anyway,care 2 xchange link?I’ve put ur link in my funny humor blog.if u dont mind,can you put “funny humor” as my name in ur blog?thx

Mira said...

Tita Beng, panay ang lakwatsa mo ha ;-) Did you have to spend the whole amount for just a day? Yummy food!

Anonymous said...

oh wow!!!! fooooddd!!! and the place looks good, too. please come visit my blog. take care! :D

Anonymous said...

oh oh oh...you make me hungry! lol ever since i got pregnant, my craving is for beeffff! that is one delicious slab over there. thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

just dropping by to say hi. i have inspirational stories in my blog. you might be interested to check. :D

raquel said...

ang sarap!!! hey share pictures of grande pls. our flight was cancelled. supposed to leave tonight but flight cancelled

TNH said...

Wow..this place look very nice and enjoyable..

DebbieDana said...

Hi ate Beng! Those are beautiful photos. I've been to Subic and I can say it's really a great place there..plus ofcourse, it's not too far from our home so it's very convenient to us.

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.