Friday, July 23, 2010

Watch out for the new face of 500 php bill



The current 500 philippine peso bill will soon find its way out. This is the latest buzz from a bona fide BSP (Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas) insider. It will be replaced by a new face according to her. How would you like to see the First Sisters’ (of the still new and sizzling hot Philippine President Noynoy Aquino) photo being integrated in the new 500php coming out in December of this year? If this is true, I suppose, not too many would be pleased with this yet unpublished BSP’s currency in the making. I think this bit of secret which is still being kept by the BSP authorities will definitely attract massive criticism from all sectors of the society. We may very well accept to see their recently deceased mother, Ex-President Corazon Aquino’s photo being integrated in the current 500 bill along with the existing photo of their father, the assassinated Senator Ninoy. Honoring a deceased President and a supposedly martyred Senator is fair and just. But to include the sisters, Ballsy, Pinky, Viel and Kris in our 500 peso bill will place the President in extreme bad light! No one in their family except their parents, has the right to claim a place in any Philippine Currency! Not even President Noynoy! If I heard it right, the upcoming new 500 bill will have the photo of the Aquino family. I now wonder if I’d see Josh and Baby James on their mommy’s lap. Oh no!! Don’t you think this would be utterly disgusting? I can only exclaim in Tagalog. “Babuyan na ‘to!” (Can somebody please help translate in English?)

I remember how disgusted the people were with Ex-President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo’s initial project, the launching of the brand new 200 bill with her oath-taking image in it as soon as she became President. I bet, not just few were infuriated! How self glorifying! And now, if the rumor is true, the Aquino siblings are following suit as they are engraving their own niche in Philippine Currency. I hope this insider is just pulling my leg. If not, we are bound to have the funniest currency in the international currency circulation. What do you think?

13 Comentários:

PinayWAHM said...

I heard you need help to translate something, so here I am coming to your rescue....hahahaha....

Babuyan na 'to! - This is piggery!

Galing ko no? Hahaha....

Just messing with you ate Beng. Tama ka....it's rather disgusting to even think about that.

I didn't even know na naglabas pala ng 200 peso bill? Did it push through o tsismis lang? Hopefully this one eh tsismis lang.

Happy weekend!

Huling

Ciela said...

Hello Huling! Thanks for the translation. Galing mo talaga! Teacher ka ngang tunay! ha ha ha..

Yes, the 200 bill has been around since! And now, I sincerely hope that this new 500 bill won't push through.

Ingat!

J said...

hahaha I wish you can hear me laughing right now. piggery nga hahaha.

at bakit hindi ko napansin na may 200 bill na pala. I was just there in 2008 hindi ko yata matandaan na may 200 bill na dumaan sa kamay ko.

enjoy your weekend too Tita B.

juliana

vialentino said...

wah...very beautiful money note...

vialentino said...

wah...very beautiful money note...

Ciela said...

Hi J! Kasi naman eh, hirap talaga hanapin ng right word dun e. Banatan ba naman ako ni Huling ng piggery eh..hala sya! ha ha ha..

Yes, tagal na nung 200php bill ni Gloria. Di mo pala napansin. Kanya kanya na sila ng pera dito eh.

Wala na bang holiday hang-over? !

Lee said...

Hi Beng Gee, First time I see a president posing this way on a money.
But reading about previous president and whole family maybe getting into the act, having their pics on money....
my personal opinion this....I think its carrying 'vanity' a little bit too far, ha ha.

Wonder if maybe Emelda Marcos might sneak in somewhere too?
Oh well....whatever, as long as its a strong currency....no problemos.
Laging magtabi ng await sa iyong puso. Ingat ka palagi, Lee.

Ciela said...

Hi Vialentino! Thank you! Nice to see you drop by!

Ciela said...

Hello Lee! You said it right.. they are carrying their vanity a bit too far. Kinda alarming somehow! For Imelda Marcos, not impossible! The family is actively back on the political scene once again. The eldest daughter is a governor, the only son, a senator and Imelda herself is a congresswoman! Happy days are here again for the Marcoses!
I'm afraid the Filipinos will never ever learn!
Have a great day! Ingat palagi!

Dhemz said...

oh I remember the 200 peso bill...oh dear...nako sana nga d ma push through....nakakalito na nga yung barya...hehehhe....:)

Ciela said...

Hi Dhemz! I bet you remember the 200 bill. Palagay ko nandito ka pa sa 'Pinas that time when it was first issued. Para sa kin okay lang to change the face of the 500 bill but not with the President's siblings. Pangit yun!

Thanks for your time Dhemz!

Nancy Janiola said...

I've never seen that new 200 peso bill since... nasa Pilipinas nga ba ako? hehehe!

About the rumored new face of 500 bill isang malaking kakatawanan yun pag nagkataon! Sana lang me alam na delikadesa si Pres. Noynoy

shengmarie said...

Babuyan na to, This is pigging! LOL, I'd hate to get that bill in case it includes Crazy Krissy, swear!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.