Friday, May 18, 2012

I.ph is Shutting Down

I used to whine about minor technical hitches I encounter with i.ph. But I understand it now.  I.ph is the free web hosting site of the first blog I created, or rather, Tom, my hubby had created for me almost 5 years ago.  I gave that first blog the title “My Quiet Zone” for the reason that it’s like a peaceful Shangri la to me after performing the demanding and chaotic household routine of a stay at home wife and mom.  My Quiet Zone, with url - http://ailecgee.i.ph  is also the blog that amazingly reaped loads of paid opps on its heydey. (Naks!)   But really, I am very surprised by the figures My Quiet Zone has produced.. For that, I must acknowledge that I.ph was greatly a noble part of it.   With its hiccups and all, I won’t deny I owe much to i.ph.  It was like my kindergarten school in the techy world.


However, as the saying goes, “Nothing is permanent in this world”,  I.ph is shutting down due to difficulties of the time.  And  “My Quiet Zone” as well as all the other blogs it hosts will eternally disappear if not saved.   I was informed I can transfer my blog to Wordpress and i.ph support  will assist me with it. I appreciate the offer, however I’m having tough time figuring out the procedure.  I hope to save each and every detail of at least all the posts I have in the i.ph site so  that it would be like having the original blog with me, only in a new home. Hence, I am now trying to relocate all my posts from i,ph to Blogspot .  It’s currently under construction and by the looks of it, seems like it would take me much longer time before it can be finally published.

To i.ph, my heartfelt gratitude for the good times and the benefits My Quiet Zone has had with you.  Hat's off and  God bless to all the people behind it!

13 Comentários:

PinayWAHM said...

Kakalungkot naman but it is what it is. Hopefully you'll be able to save as much as you can para naman di mawala yung memories.

TGIF na naman dito! Dyan eh Saberday na.

Happy Weekend ate beng!

Huling

Jack Cruz said...

Such a sad but inspiring post. Hope it will be published as soon as possible. God bless!


philwebservices review

Ciela said...

@Huling: Sad talaga! Don't want to lose the memories in it kaya I'm hauling all the posts, paid opps or not. Then will start again from there.

Onga, Saberdey na but it's a rainy saberday kaya, walang lakwatsa dito. Lol!

Sana your day is bright on that side of the globe!

Ciela said...

@Jack: It is sad, indeed! Still working on it. Thanks for your time and for leaving nice words. I hope to see more of you again.

God bless!

Sandee said...

You are right, nothing is permanent in this world.

Have a terrific day. :)

Verna Luga said...

Hope you're able to save all your posts.. it's just sad, but I guess that is how techno evolves... dropping by have a great time blogging :)

The Virtual Wanderer dropped by 

Ciela said...

@Sandee: Well, that's how it goes! It's part of our life whether we like it or not!

Thanks for dropping by and have a great day!

Ciela said...

@Vernz: Yes, still trying to save every post it in. But, setting it aside in the meantime for lack of time.

Thanks for the visit Vernz! See you around. Ingat!

merlmd said...

tried to access your blog, Beng...wala na. sayang. somehow this tells me I should back up all my post in all my blogs. -maritel

PinayWAHM said...

Hola! Napadaan lang before I eating lunch.

You should check Fort Ilocandia when you go to Pagudpud. It's only an hour and a half [ata]. The beach is still worth checking kasi malinis pa naman. Not sure if it's true but I read somewhere na itinayo daw yun para sa kasal nung isa sa anak ni Marcos.

Anyway, yung video ko eh still taking time kasi di ko alam kung saan magsimula...hehe. Maybe one day...haha.

TGIF na dyan [madaling araw nga lang at this time]....ibig sabihin weekend is just around the corner. Yipee!

Have a good one Ate Beng!

Huling

Mayet said...

that's sad, goodluck on your new home;)

Unknown said...

yes...watched it in the news he is asking for forgiveness; one thing i like yesterday is that he submitted his waiver without condition;
however, the prosecution Congressmen, administration Senators, PNoy are called upon to live up to the same standards as what they demand of the CJ, the automatic refusal of Senator Drilon, Congressman Tupas and others to take the CJ’s challenge and sign the waivers is an indication of insincerity and hypocrisy
salamat sa bisita beng

Pearl said...

Hi Ms Beautiful,
Matagal na pong naka-add ang blog mo sa akin:-)
Thanks for adding mine! xo

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.