Friday, December 14, 2012

20th Year of Journey to Cancer Free Life

Twenty years after my breast cancer diagnosis, I can't help but look back.  I am trying to decipher why I made it through while others did not.  I suppose, God must have set out a greater mission for me to have leased me a second life.  That mission is still unknown to me till now.  I hope one day, I would realize that I had accomplished that mission without delay.   I am grateful that I am blessed to still be around today enjoying life, ..laughing and loving.  There are times of aches and pains but it is an integral part of being alive.  It is not a half-empty glass but rather a half-filled glass for me.   Always, countless blessings exist anywhere, everywhere.  "One’s healing depends on his state of mind. If you think you are sick, then you surely are. Whatever your mind perceive, you’re body will achieve.”  These words from my doctor makes sense to me now.

It is said that to be diagnosed with Breast Cancer is to live with it through the rest of your life. Nonetheless, I would like to think that I had hit it right in the head which knocked it down completely without the chance of getting awake.

Come celebrate with me and cheers to all of us, Breast Cancer Survivors!  Whether still on the arena and giving a good fight or declaring a knock out win, we are all winners for having strength and courage to face the challenge!

You may care to read my cancer story here. 

Thank you so much for the visit and spending time to read. Have a great day!

13 Comentários:

PinayWAHM said...

And it's during this 2nd lease of life that I had the pleasure 'to meet' you so I thank God for that.

Happy 20th birthday Ate Beng! Not quite sure kung may specific date ang iyong ikalawang kaarawan but I just want to greet you. O di ba you're no longer a 'teenager'....

Enjoy the weekend.

Huling

Ciela said...

Naku Huling, you caught me red handed again. Didn't know that the draft I was working on got accidentally published. I decided to revise my post. I might be charged with plagiarism. Ekk!

Thank you for the birthday greeting..Haha! Thank God,. how wonderful it is to live with a matured 20year old second life!


Cheryl said...

You are a champion and an inspiration to me! What a wonderful attitude you have...bless you!

eastcoastlife said...

Thank God for a second chance. Best wishes for a healthy and joyful life.
Greetings from sunny Singapore.

Ciela said...

@East Coast Life: Oh, so glad to see you again! Thank you so much for the well wishes!

I love Singapore! Take care, ECL!

Beth said...

Praises to God for healing your breast cancer. Not everyone is as blessed as you are. Enjoy your life, Ate Beng! Di pa ba obvious? E kaka-Boracay mo lang pala. :) Take care!

Ciela said...

Amen! Thank you Beth! Yes, immensely enjoying life. Ever so grateful to our Lord.

Salamat sa pagbisita Beth! See you around!

Ciela said...

Hello Cheryl: Nice to see you again! Thank you for the kind words. It warms my heart to know that I can be an inspiration.

Stay beautiful,"-in and out" always! Take care Cheryl!

Lainy said...

Naku Tita Beng! Nahuli na ba ako para batiin ka on your 20th bday? ;-) Belated happy birthday nalang po.

Didn't know you were diagnosed to have breast cancer, Tita Beng. I took the time to read the link you provided. Praise be to God you were able to survive it with flying colors. I still was given the chance to know you and be inspired through your blog.

God indeed is our Ultimate Healer. It only proves that there is hope even if one feels hopeless.

Hope you had a grand birthday!

Love and hugs.
LAINY

Ciela said...

Hello Lainy!
Thanks so much for the warm "birthday" greeting.hehe.. Thanks too, for taking time to read my back post. Yes, praise be to God for his graces and endless blessings. Amen! Same here, so glad I was given the chance to know and interact with all of my blogger friends!

Stay gorgeous as you always are, Lainy! Ingat!

Beth said...

ate beng, I dropped by here again to tell you that I mentioned you in my blog. Pls drop by to check on it. Take care!

Ciela said...

@Beth: Had checked on it. Thanks for the special mention! Will keep on visiting and commenting whenever I have the chance. Thank you too for your precious time.

Blessings to you and your beautiful family!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Hooray for being cancer-free. God sees how much your family needs you TitaB kaya He gave you another chance!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.