Friday, December 14, 2012

Of Sin Tax and E-Cigarettes


It is a proven fact that smoking and alcohol drinking are hazardous to our health.  That is one of the reasons why some lawmakers passed the Sin Tax Bill.  This bill aims to lessen, if not to eradicate the rising number of smokers and alcohol drinkers thereby reducing health ailments caused by cigarette and alcohol abuse.   Likewise, it would help increase the revenues badly needed by the government. The lawmakers expect that the number of smokers and alcohol drinkers will diminish due to its prohibitive price.  And after the many years that the bill for the said sin tax has been discussed and debated over,  the bill restructuring the excise taxes for cigarette and alcohol products was finally ratified by  Congress and Senate last Tuesday, December 12.  Ultimately, paving the way for the Sin Tax Bill to be passed and signed into law by President Noynoy Aquino. 


Now, if you are a smoker, would you be alarmed?  I bet, you would be with the health issues as well as with the extortionate prices of the vices you are into.  Nonetheless, have you heard of the E-Cigarettes?  I am a  non-smoker,  hence I have no idea what pleasure the smoke gives that makes it hard to discard from the system. They say E-Cigarette is a good alternative for real cigarettes.  Better to read more to  learn more about the facts of the product .  There are many questions about its safety  but I guess, sans the tar of a real cigarette, it is a little safer than the real one.  And for the excessive prices this sin product have in the offing, is E-Cigarette the answer to Sin Tax?  Hmm.. for smokers, you gotta know!

2 Comentários:

Unknown said...

My FIL stopped smoking ever since he found out he had lung problems. He now substituted it with candies. Now I don't know if that is good because with the amount of candies he had been consuming I am afraid he might get diabetes or tooth decay.

My late father went cold turkey at a late age. If he can do it, I am sure other smokers can too.

Didn't try to learn how to smoke nor drink because I know I have little self-control.

As for e-cigarettes? I have no idea also. But why substitute? Just quit. It easier said than done, right? Because we're none smokers? ha ha ha

Ciela said...

@Batangala: At least, your FIL had stopped smoking while he has the chance to recover from his lung ailment. Okay na rin ang candy pati na tooth decay wag lng diabetes. lol!

I guess your father had enjoyed much his smoking before he decided to quit. Anything is doable pag talaga ginusto di ba?

E-cigarette is for the hard core smokers I think, yung talagang di kaya wlang smoking. Hayz, buti na lang, di tayo smokers. haha..

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.