Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Thoracentesis and 8 Long Days of Hospital-cation for Me

Difficulty in breathing seemed to be just natural thing for me.   It was always that way every time I feel tired, or even when I just had a good laugh.  I would only puff on my anti- asthma inhaler, then voila!  I would and could easily breathe again.  However, I couldn’t get that kind of relief lately.  No matter how much I puffed, not enough air could reach my lungs. I felt like drowning.  Yet, I had to continue doing my regular household chores.  Just have no choice.  Until I woke up the morning of May 27, urgently needing help for support such as oxygen, to ease my difficulty in breathing.   I asked to be brought to the ER again. Was led to go through various diagnostic procedures like x-ray, ultrasound, CT scan that eventually explains my predicament.  It  revealed  my lungs were filled with 2 liters of fluid.  I underwent Thoracentesis the following day and aspirated 1.5 liters. It was a great relief. How wonderful to take in air deep into my lungs again! But the fluid in my right lung easily came back after a couple of days and doctors had to aspirate again.  Fortunately, the Iv anti-biotics worked well after  a week of 6hour interval infusion.   After numerous ultrasound and x-ray  monitoring, I was declared  free from Pneumonia infection.  Thank God!

The view from my hospital room.
I am home since Monday night, June 3. Still on the rest mode. Lol!  I apologise for not replying to comments at once.  Didn’t have enough energy to keep my hands on my lappy.   Thank you everyone for the visit!  Will blog hop soon! See you all!

7 Comentários:

PinayWAHM said...

Kaya naman pala walang Ingay dito masyado eh 'nagbakasyon' ka sa ospital! O di ba bakasyon daw...kasi alang chores dun....haha.

Seriously...rest ka lang. Don't worry about the chores around the house....for now. Kailangan magpagaling ka muna....

Ako naman tamad lang kaya di nag ba blog....Kasi naman palaging makulimlim dito sa amin.

@hula hooping...kayang kaya mo to Ate Beng. Bili ka nung toys sa mall or go to a sporting good store...malamang meron silang gym hoops dun. Therapeutic din sya at walang ganong tse tse buretse kasi you can do it kahit ano suot mo while watching TV.

Get well soon....hinihintay ka namin dito ni J para makapunta tayo sa yogurt store together...

Huling

Ciela said...

Yes Huling, it's hospital confinement and vacation in one. Total rest for me sana kung wla lang abalang nurse na kumukuha ng vital signs sa hatinggabi.:(
Still on the rest mode till now. Good thing people here are taking charge of the laundry and all. :)

Perhaps I'm gonna look for that hula hoop when I've fully recovered. Malay mo, I'll feel young again, di ba?

Kulimlim is better than rain. Makes you sleepy nga lang! Enjoy the day, Huling!

Farida said...

I hope you are better these days, Ate Beng. What is the cause of all the fluid in your lungs? And dami naman nun...

Keep healthy and God bless!

J said...

Hay naku! Sabi na nga ba at naramdaman ko that something was amiss. Heniwey, I'm glad to know na you're recovering na Tita B. Get well soon. Gaya ng sabi ni Huling wait kami dito so we can go to the yogurt store.

Be well and get that much needed rest. Take care.


Ciela said...

Hello Ida! With God's grace, I am much better now. The cause of fluid according to my pulmonologist is pneumonia infection. Oo nga eh, nagulat nga din ako sa dami nung fluid. At ang bilis din bumalik. At least it's gone now.

Thanks for stopping by once again, Ida! Ingat din lagi!

Ciela said...

J, parang may sixth sense ka rin yata, tulad ni Huling ah! lakas ng pang-amoy mo. Okay, stand by lang kayo dyan and wait for me. Want some yogurt too. haha...

That's what I'm doing here, total rest lang talaga. Kaya yung mag-aama dito, natuto rin maging labandero't labandera. :)

Balik palasyo ka na ba ulit? I guess you need to celebrate the new you! Go out and start paintin' the town red! Have a great day!

Buzz Lightyear said...

Oh my, Beng Gee, I am very sorry to hear that you were sick lately and had to undergo such a traumatic experience. The thoracentesis does not sound pleasant, although I guess maybe it wasn't too bad to undergo it because it probably gave you almost immediate relief. I sure hope you are feeling better now and fully recovered. Thank God you're OK. So sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, just getting back to "normalcy" here in States after returning from our Philippines trip, which was awesome.

On a lighter note, I must say that you had a pretty darn nice scenic view from your hospital room! Stay well and God Bless you and your family. Ingat!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.