Thursday, August 19, 2010

Marketing Strategy



As many of you already know, I once worked in an insurance company few decades past. Around that time, the company I was working with was quite doing well despite the lack of dependable marketing strategy. As far as I can remember, we only had few personnel specifically assigned to dig-up potential corporate clients with vast need for various insurance coverages. Those Production personnel plus few affiliated agencies were the only ones that were depended upon to keep the business going.
Lately, I heard from hubby (he and I met in that office), that the said office Alma mater of ours (allow me to use the word) is perfectly doing fine now. Though a number of the original bosses already passed away, the younger generation now on top brass level are definitely in the know how of excellently running the business.
It’s nice to know that they now implement various marketing strategies including subscribing to marketing list and other consumer mailing lists obtained from list brokers or was it from a mailing list company? Well, not so sure which. but it sure gave them good results.
-->Hubby and I are happy for our office mates who are now amongst the top brass level. I believe they were the key for the company's current success!

12 Comentários:

yonca said...

What a great post about your office mates and their success Beng Gee.
You and your husband met in the office you both worked?You must have plenty of memories together:)
Sometimes we sit on the dinner table for a long time and talk about our memories,those days we worked together:)

Ciela said...

Hi Yonca! You are right, we do have lots of memories to talk about, everything from our bosses to the telephone operator and all the people we both knew as well as the experiences with all of them. The advantage of being together everyday. Lol!

Makes me glad to always see you come by. Wishing you an enjoyable weekend!

NENSA MOON said...

Hi Beng,
nice to read your post about your office almamater...
You must be glad to know that your office almamater was doing well,even though the boss was passed away...

Wishing you well always...
nensa

J said...

marketing strategies evolved through the years. having been in sales and marketing with P & G for years, iniisip ko pa lang, umiikot na ang tiyan ko sa stress hahaha.

have a great weekend Tita B!

< a href="http://julianaslair.com">

Ciela said...

Hi Nensa! Always happy to see you drop bye. Yes, we are really glad for all of our ex-office mates now. All brilliant and successful!

Always keep a smile in your heart!

Ciela said...

Hello J! Sales and Marketing ka pala?! Super stressful nga yun. But for sure oozing with bright ideas ka nun palagi!

Ingat!

Lee said...

Hi Beng Gee, very interesting. I was or have been a marketing, sales person 35 years, but even though prompted, invited, asked, bribed to join a couple of Insurance companies, I declined.

Reason being I could never sell something I cannot see, hold, or touch, ha ha.
Another reason....I hate wearing neckties!

But I can tell you I really admire people who sell insurance....they are good.
I too had several friends in the Insurance line.....

But I guess I rather have wild pigs, crocodiles, snakes to entertain me than wearing a tie whole day, ha ha.
Ingat ka palagi, Lee.

Cheryl said...

How nice it must feel to know that the company is growing and doing so well. And how wonderful to have met your husband there!

Dhemz said...

a quick dalaw here titaBeng...salamat po pala sa greetings...so sweet of you!

ingat po....:)

Ciela said...

Hello Cheryl! Yes,hubby and I are really happy for all the ex-office mates who are still connected with that office we worked for.

Take care!

Ciela said...

Hi Dhemz! Am always glad to see you come by. Wonderful to know such a nice lady like you! Thanks for finding time to drop by despite your busy sked. Good luck on your studies!

Ciela said...

Hello Lee! My apology for the the late publishing of your comment. I thought it was already up and responded but just realized it wasn't yet. Sorry again!

Obviously, you were really made for that kind of job you had before and not the insurance line. Hubby here also dislikes neckties but he can't ran away from it. He needs to wear one for important business meetings.

Keep on inspiring others! Take care!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.