Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Post Grabbed from Daughter's Blog

I'm not in good mood to write as usual. I blog hopped instead and stumbled upon this old post of my daughter from her own blog. It amuses me as I find it cute and opted to re-post it here to share to you an excerpt of what has been in the mind of a "ditched" tough girl. She's really tough in all sense of the word. And I'm proud she is!


May 1 Post
April 26, 2008

In our product training, we usually start our class by surfing into the internet and documenting some lessons that we’ll be tackling for the day. But yesterday was different. We started it with a discussion about May 1. We needed to plan things out as we are in the last days of our product training and each date is significant to us. Some of my wavemates had still not heard the news that May 1 celebration is not going to be moved to a Friday or a Monday. They were asking questions, I was participating too but had suddenly drifted for a while.

If I remember it right, it was the night of May 1 of last year when a guy told me that he thinks “it will be easier for us if we break up.” Right. Lame line, but right. I was not shocked at all with his request. Maybe it was really what we needed and all along, I was just waiting for him to say that.

I answered him, “Okay.” And there were no other words uttered to further or prop our assumptions. His short line and mine seemed enough to make everything all right. True enough, everything was, because I killed him. Time of death: 9:55pm, I remember the call in my head.

He had to be killed—for at least a month. I needed to consider him dead for me to swiftly move on. No bitterness at all in between us, I just thought we needed to detoxify each other from our respective systems. Three years is three years anyway.

But then again, if I really do remember it right, it was two weeks later than May 1 when that guy told me that he was so stupid having said such line. Yes, he was foolish indeed. He was foolish to not recall that I don’t have a third eye and in no way I would like to open one. I have never seen unnatural things around me such as ghosts like him, even if they seek for clairvoyants’ help. And it’s a fact that just the thought of ghosts scares the hell out of me; he should have known that.

After minutes of drifting away from the discussion, I just realized that it’s roughly been a year since my last amorous episode ended. I’m currently unattached and I honestly didn’t think I would be doing this good. Few more minutes passed, I heard our class finally scheduled the non-working holiday on the date of Labor Day itself. After everything was settled, another odd thought grasped my mind: May 1, people around me mark it as Labor Day… With me, I mark it as Independence Day.


There goes her post. She posted it a couple of years ago. I'm delighted to think that I was once like her. young, vibrant and composed. Couldn't help but frequently tell her, she'll only be young once, hence I want her to enjoy her youthful life as much as she can, in a way that she'll be proud of herself ... like what her mother did when she was her age.



16 Comentários:

acs said...

I have a daughter she is turning 18 this 10th of August. I know how it feels to be a mom. BTW thanks for dropping my site. Hope you would care to visit my other blog www.workingmomscorner.com before I forget the Mantayupan falls is located south of Cebu City(Barili to be exact)

PinayWAHM said...

Nice and witty post by your DD! oo nga naman...dapat ata ganun after a break-up....'kill' that person in your life...hehe. Although I have to say, I'm quite the opposite kasi I try to remain friends with my ex[es]...achoo! Not in touch with any of them anymore but until about 2 years ago, yung isa eh ka email ko pa.

Anyway, I had fun reading her 'thoughts'....I'm sure she'll have a bunch more stories to tell down the road...

Huling

Ciela said...

Hello Jen! Nice to know that you have an 18 yr old daughter. We sure can relate better to our daughters than to our son if you have the latter. Right Jen?

Thanks for the info about the Mantayupan Falls. Fabulous place!
I wish we could get there someday.

Ciela said...

Hi Huling! I agree with you, better if you stay friends after the split-up. Believe it or not, they are friends now!Lol! Katuwa ka naman, you still communicate with your ex up to this time. Buti okay lang kay M. That's nice!

Naaliw lang din ako dito kasi parang flash back ng decades past ko. For me parang kelan lang pero reality check sa kin.. that I'm already old. Ouch!

Cheryl said...

I enjoyed this post. My daughter is 18 as well...I remember being that age myself (sooo many years ago) and having the "break-up" conversation...

Ciela said...

Hello Cheryl! Thanks for your time on this daughter's post. Was just too lazy to post my own. Likewise, it brings me back youthful memories I had many decades ago which I'm sure is way too far ago than yours! Shhh..

Wishing you a great weekend!

Lee said...

Hi Beng Gee, wow! Love your daughter's eloquence. She is a good writer. Outstanding. Like mother, like daughter.
She's really good.
You stay easy and manatili kang bata. Ingat ka palagi, Lee.

Ciela said...

Hi Lee! Thanks for the kind words! Daughter would definitely be glad to hear that. Though I know pretty well that my kind of writing is a far cry from hers. Modesty aside, I believe too, that she has a bit of talent I wish I have.

Terima kaseh! Always keeping a song in my heart,you too I hope!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Don't worry titaB, she'll be as smart and lovely as you are. I did not that she also blogs, ano site nya tita?

Ciela said...

Hello Rose! Oh, thanks for the compliment! She's of the right age so I expect her to be that clever. Her blogs URL is http://betamax.i.ph.

Lee said...

Hi Beng Gee, just dropped by to practice my Tagalog....Sana'y maging masaya para sa'yo ang buong linggo. At manatiling maganda. Ingat ka palagi, Lee.

Ciela said...

Hello Lee! You sound like you're already an expert in our native Tagalog huh! Thank you for the effort learning the language. "Sana'y di ka magsawa sa pagdalaw dito sa site ko!" (I hope you won't get tired visiting my site!)

Have an enjoyable brand new week!
Ingat!

Dhemz said...

me too...I did not know na may blog din pala yung unica hija mo titaBeng....:)

agree ako kay sis Rose...she'll grow up just like you...pretty and smarty....:)

thanks for sharing her post...kakatuwa talaga ang lovelife....:)

Ciela said...

Hi Dhemz! Daughter has her blog for more than two years now. Kaya lang once in a while lang din nya maharap yun eh. You can visit her blog and take a peek on her little world. http://betamax.i.ph

See yah again!

J said...

very well written piece,Tita B.

kaaliw si Huling,at in touch siya sa exes niya.

bitter yung one and only ex ko kasi siya naman ang nagloko at nabuko. when he finally realized nawalan siya for good dun siya habol ng habol. would you believe, I was about to get married na eh call pa ng call.

here's wishing you a relaxing weekend. sana hindi masyadong maulan diyan.

juliana

Ciela said...

Hello J! Naku, saya na naman ni daughter, may pumuri na naman sa writing nya. Thanks for that compliment!

Yung kay Huling... maganda rin yung ganun, friends ulit! Mas kilala na nila kasi isa't isa.

Wow, may thrill factor pa rin yung effort na yun ng ex mo somehow, di ba? Kung sa language ng daughter ko, "ang haba ng hair mo!" ha ha ha..sorry na lang sa ex mo, eat his heart out! lol!

Looks like it's not gonna rain today. Hope you have an enjoyable weekend too!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.