Monday, February 13, 2012

Dinner at Romeo’s in Antipolo

Yesterday, a Sunday, the husband here was out again pedalling with his biker group.  The daughter was with officemates enjoying the Hot Air Balloon festivities in Clark, Pampanga while the son was with his gang on the village’s basketball court.  And me.. I was alone with my "angel" who is mute like, coz she's too lazy to speak a word. I was so glad my friend Lyn very timely asked me to go bowling.  In a dash, I was all set to go.  Out we went and did at least four games with good enough scores while Art, Lyn’s hubby watched us play with all intent.

After bowling, Art suggested we go on a road trip and have dinner in Antipolo. It was easy to say yes, coz I would just comfortably sit at the passenger’s seat of their car while Lyn would do the driving.  Nonetheless, I was also hesitant at first.  But not until I realized I had already prepared my family’s dinner earlier.   With nothing to worry on my part, Lyn stepped on the gas, sped off and  we’re in Antipolo in no time.  We attempted to park on one or two good eating places we passed by along the highway but we were not lucky to find a space.  Finally, we ended in Romeo’s, the eating place my family used to frequent whenever we were in the area. 

Romeo’s, I found out, shows a totally different ambiance in the evening than in daytime.  The hanging colourful lamps, the soothing piped-in music plus the cool evening breeze would make you want to hang out much longer not considering the fantastic view overlooking the Metro’s flickering city lights.  If only we could stay there all night, we would. The place is awesome and the food was great with the exception of Grilled Tuna Belly which turned tough due to over cooking. But other than that, everything is A-okay! 

And before I forget, thanks to my friend Lyn for the treat  again! I owe you one!

Shrimp Ampalaya (Bitter Gourd)

Tuna Sashimi

Ginataang Kuhol (Scargot in Coconut Milk.)

Maki

Grilled Tuna Belly





That's all folks.  Have a fantastic week ahead! Happy blogging everyone!

8 Comentários:

PinayWAHM said...

Good for you! At least you're able to enjoy some time with friends...ulit...hehe.

CONGRATS on the PR! It's back!!Yay! Libre naman dyan...

Huling

Lee said...

Hi Beng Gee, wow! love this place, the name too.
I wonder if an SYT with name Juiliet get a special discount? Ha ha.
Can see you live to eat.....
Have a happy Valentine day and a 2 moons night, *wink*.
Ingat ke pelagi.
Keep a song in your heart.
Lee.

Lainy said...

Ambait talaga ni Lyn, Tita Beng. Palagi nalang kayong on the road at lagi ding may food trips, hehe!I love ginataang kuhol! Parang ang sarap-sarap nya!

Ciela said...

@PinayWAHM: Yes, we had some good time again! Actually, Lyn and I used to go out a lot together nung di pa na-i-stroke ang kanyang hubby. Sya lang ang partner ko pag lakwatsahan na! hehe. Now, we can go out only if he comes along with us. :) If not.. walang lakwatsa! :(

Thanks! yes the PR is back pero wa-epek pa rin. Wla pa rin paid ops offer at totally nawalan ng adsense since nag dot com ako. Wrong move yata yung nagawa kong paglipat ng domain. Hayyyz..

Have a lovely Valentines Day to you and Mike and Erica! Take care always!

Ciela said...

Hi Lee! Welcome back! Haven't asked about a Juliet getting discount yet eh. Lol! Hey, you may always see my blog with food posts. It's because we love going out on trips or just taking a walk around. And as expected going out is always acoompanied with eating out, that's why! :)

Same to you Lee. Have a wonderful Valentines Day with lovely wifey, Ms. Margaret! Enjoy and Ingat!

Ciela said...

Hello Lainy! Indeed, she is! She's my sparring partner and my partner in all crimes! Lol!

Uy, kumakain ka din pala ng kuhol?! Not everyone kasi appreciates that exotic dish e. And it's really good, di ba?

Happy Valentines Day to you, Lainy! I know naman that you're always happy eh! Ikaw nah! ...Naman!! :)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Kinakain pala ang kuhol? Never pa ako nakakain nyan, I remember when I was growing up, we used to removed them from the rice field but we never cooked them.

Ciela said...

@chubskulit: Kuhol is a favorite delicacy in Central Luzon esp. in Nueva Ecija. Now I know, na ini-snob lang sila sa Bicol! hehe..

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.