Saturday, February 25, 2012

Treadmill or Elliptical Machine

 resizedimage500369-elliptical-machines
My reflection on the mirror tells me I need to be serious with my fitness workouts.  The bulging tummy seems really difficult to deal with.  Daughter and I used to carry out a hip hop aerobic fitness exercises religiously, a ‘feel good’ kind of exercise for us.  However, seems like the excess belly of mine is too stubborn to leave my sexy body. (Aha haha! Of course, that’s a big joke!)

All along, didn’t know that daughter is genuinely troubled with her increasing weight as well.  Although for me, it isn’t as bothersome yet as she thinks it to be.  Nonetheless,  it’s undeniable, we both feel troubled somehow with our own physical fitness.  And we are determined to upgrade our workout regimen.    

What we plan now is to corner the financier (hubby) to buy us a good exercise machine.   He’s out of the house at the moment, but in the meantime, we are now trying to find which one is good for us.  A treadmill or an elliptical? Can you help us decide?

We hope to have one asap.  Hopefully too, the financier won’t oppose our plan. :)  Gotta wait and see!

Thanks guys, for the visit! Hope you all have a great weekend!

10 Comentários:

Anonymous said...

For me I wont choose any of them, just run outside its free and you see a lot of nice views and can even meet other people. Thats what I do here and I end up exercising more because what I do is to run away from my home as my body can handle and theres no other choice but to go back the same way. :)

Ciela said...

I think it's good for you as you are in a country with immense natural and safe environment. We used to run around our village too when it wasn't yet fully developed and occupied. Still had enough space but not anymore today. Lol!

Have a great start of the week, Raymund! God bless!

Unknown said...

having limited space in our house, i would prefer walking around the neigbhorhood or probably buying a bicycle. have a nice week ahead beng :)

Ciela said...

We have limited space here as well. The problem with me is that I am too lazy to go out of the house, let alone walk around the village. Biking is fun but it's a man thing, I think.

Thanks for dropping by Noel! Hope yoy have a fantastic day!

PinayWAHM said...

I chose both....I started with a treadmill then quit for years..then went back to it then quit again. Galing ko noh? Heniwey...you know the rest of the story. The elliptical really got us started probably because it's something different. Just like you, it's that stubborn bulge that got me into this exercise thing...hay buhay.

Walking around the neighborhood [or somewhere else] is ideal but it's not for me as well. I'd rather sweat it out inside the house.

Goodluck to us!

Huling

Chubskulit Rose said...

Tita punta ka na lang dito sa bahay, we have 6 exercise machine, bonding tayo habang nageexercise hehehe..

Ciela said...

@PinayWAHM: You know what Huling, shameful as it is, I thought the elliptical that you were mentioning for your exercise was a place just like the Quezon Memeorial Circle here which is sometimes called elliptical. Bwah haha.. I had no idea really what it is until lately. Hayy..so ignorant! hehe..

As for me, I'd like to run around too but only if I have company.

Yes, Goodluck to us Huling! :)

Ciela said...

@chubskulit: Oh wow! hindi naman kayo galit sa pagwo-work-out nyan ha?! No wonder why you both are so fit and healthy!

Sige, wait for me this weekend Rose and makiki-gym ako sa inyo! Lol!

Buzz Lightyear said...

Hi Ben Gee,

Another option might be to check for a good quality used machine. I don't know how prevalent Craigslist is in your area of the Philippines, but here in the U.S. you can get great used stuff on it, often very high quality for very cheap. I think the elliptical will give you a better aerobic and upper & lower body workout than the treadmill.

Best wishes & good luck with your search.

Ciela said...

@Buzz Lightyear: I wish I got your comment earlier. Unfortunately, we already purchased a brand new treadmill. Thanks for your suggestion. Next time around, I'd try Craigslist first before buying a new stuff.

Thanks for your time here. Hope to see you around again!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.