Thursday, March 1, 2012

Barrio Fiesta's Kitchen Crew's Racket

I think it was over a couple of years ago when we’ve last been to SM North. So for a change, I purposely altered the routine of SM Fairview or Trinoma to SM North when we looked for our exercise machine last Sunday. 

The jam packed SM North Mall
Our leisure walk in the mall cum treadmill shopping was highlighted by sumptuous family dinner at a popular restaurant.  Actually, the true reason why I wanted to look for the treadmill at SM North was to have dinner at the well known Barrio Fiesta via the voucher I bought months ago for only P490.  The meal promo consists of one Seafood rice, one whole fried chicken and 1.5 liter of coke which is good for 4/pax.  Sounds like great savings for a nice dinner eh!  As hubby was oblivious   of the existing voucher, I proudly declared it’s my treat! Then I showed them the voucher, and they looked dissatisfied with only a whole chicken and a big bowl of seafood rice.  And they began to order for more.  The economical dinner that I thought would be was a big flop.  It turned out to be the contrary. 
Seafood Rice
Crispy Pata
Laing (Taro leaves in coconut milk)
Fried Chicken (with an issue)
But it was a great one anyway, even if I had to shell out additional P1000.  Still no regrets!   Opss, I must say almost, if not for one irritating thing!

We asked the waiter to wrap all the unconsumed food especially the chicken which was left untouched except for the tip of a wing.  So I was expecting that what we had in the doggie bag was a whole chicken.  But to all my dismay,  one fourth of the chicken is gone.  One whole leg was cut off from the waist to the back part of it!  It really is so infuriating! I was indeed, very disappointed with Barrio Fiesta!  Don’t they know that it would be very obvious to steal a part of an unchopped chicken?  I regret not having reported this to the Barrio Fiesta management. This is a big turn-off for the dining patrons like us.  Or could it be that they did it purposely because it's only part of a promo meal? It's just not fair!  But on the second thought,  it is also possible that the management is not aware of their kitchen crews racket.  Or are they?  Hmm.. okay, I still give them the benefit of the doubt. 

 So for anyone of you who plans to visit Barrio Fiesta, especially their SM North branch,  just be aware of their crew's stealing antics!  Haha..  no big deal actually, but still disappointing!

18 Comentários:

Unknown said...

oh no! i also bought one for the three of us. but this one is in SM MOA. but to make sure that they won't pull a fast one on us, i will make sure that we will leave nothing but the bones of the chicken and the shells of the seafood, ha ha ha

Ciela said...

Oh yes, I think that's the best thing to do! If not baka maisahan ka rin. Lol! In fairness to this resto, the food is good, only, a crew or two are not!

Good luck and enjoy your dinner Noel!

Pearl said...

naku ang mahal na pala rin kumain sa Pilipinas, almost 1500 na rin ang nagastos mo including the gift card.
Hala! Pero in fairness, mukhang masasarap lahat. kakalungkot lang ang tactics nila ano?
I miss pinoy food.

Pearl said...

P.S. I am your newest follower. I also linked you up on my blog. Can you do the same, please? Thanks!!

Dhemz said...

ayay! ang sarap nang mga orders nyo te.....super busy ang mall...miss ko talaga ang mall sa pinas....:)

waaaaaaaa...very intriguing naman tong nangyari sa chicken...hahaha..baka gutom yung crew at kinuha yung ibang parts...kakaloka!

Nancy Janiola said...

Waaa...kakahiya naman nun! talagang nagnanakaw ng parte ng manok? Napakawalang kwentang dahilan pag nagkataon.

Seriously, if it was me and I have the means to complain, ginawa ko na! I am a civil person pero sa lahat ng pinaka ayaw ko ay yung iisahan ako.

Ciela said...

@Pearl: Hi, happy to see new visitors drop by! Welcome!

Tama ka, Pearl! Medyo may kamahalan nga mag-dine-out dito. Okay lng sana, wala lang salbahihan, tulad nung ginawa nila. Hayyss..

Thanks for following. Already did the same. Have linked you as well. Hope to see you around again! Ingat!

Antalya City Blog said...

Hello. Paano ka? Gusto ko ang post.

Love mula sa Turkey.

PinayWAHM said...

Isn't that annoying? Ako din maiirita pag ganun. It's not what they took but what they did. Grrr...

At least you enjoyed the food kahit mas lumaki gastos mo....hahaha...

Have a great weekend Ate Beng!

PS @ cake....grabe...it's a triple chocolate keyk and a slice is probably a gazillion calories. Guess what.....ako lang kumakain ng left over kasi M refuses to eat anymore kasi it means longer time on the exercise machine. Si E naman eh may ubo so limit sa sweets. Ako eto....LUMBA LUMBA na naman....wahhhhhhhh.....

Here's a piece for you!!!! Hehehe...

Huling

Ciela said...

@Tulpar: Oh, I'm fine! Haha..nice try for Tagalog word buddy!

I hope your doing fine too. Have a great day!

Ciela said...

@PinayWAHM: It is really annoying di ba?! Baka din nagutom lang yung waiter, kaya napagdiskitahan yung chicken leg. hehe..

Sarap nung Cake, triple chocolate pa!Thanks for my share. Lol! Don't worry about the weight, enjoy naman e. hehe ..

Happy weekend!

Chubskulit Rose said...

We ate there once Tita when I was working on my papers of coming here.

I am drooling looking at the laing lol.

That's very unethical and wrong that the crew would do that. You should have reported it TitaB.

Ciela said...

@chubskulit: So you have tried that resto na pala Rose?! They have good food di ba? Ang bad lang nga e yung waiter! hehe.. Sayang nga at di ko nai-report.

Oh, I know how you loved laing, you being a true blooded Bicolana cooks the tastiest Laing in town!

Thanks for the visit Rose! Have a great start of the week!

Antalya City Blog said...

Hi Beng Gee, how are you? You should see my new post. I am sure that you will love the photos. Thanks...

Love from Antalya

My New Post: http://antalya-magnificent-city.blogspot.com/2012/03/antalya-city-pearl-of-mediterranean.html

k and k world said...

This foods makes me hungry now te beng hehe! happy weekend!

Ciela said...

@Tulpar: Seen your new post on the beautiful antalya. Great photo shots, really a nice place!


Thank you for the visit.

Ciela said...

@Mom: Come over and lets have dinner in Barrio Fiesta Myrna!Lol!

Thanks for dropping by. Have a great week ahead!

Buzz Lightyear said...

Hello Beng Gee,

You have an outstanding blog here! I am still just beginning to read your many wonderful articles. Thanks for stopping by my blog and your nice comment, and for linking to my blog on your page. I have also linked to your blog directly from my page, as I want to keep coming back.

OK, it's 11:30 AM and I'm at work getting ready to eat lunch, already hungry, then am tortured by your photos of the masarap Barrio Fiesta meal you're showing here :-) Now my stomach is really growling and grumbling! It looks really good, despite the kitchen crew taking their little "tip" which happened to be an entire leg.

Food is one of the many things my wife and daughter and I miss about the Philippines. While we have good diversity of food in the U.S. and fairly good food in the malls here in the U.S., the restaurant choices within shopping malls' food courts here in the are so limited in comparison to the mall restaurants in the Philippines. Also, you have so many little vendor stalls (fruit shakes, popcorn, cheesy fries, etc.) there, which are really nice for kids.

Take care!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.