Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dinner at Chinatown’s in Banawe

Our family had dinner-out last Sunday.  The desire to eat out was prompted by the salmon sashimi daughter prepared the night before.  The dish was so tasty that our palate was tickled to crave for more Japanese cuisine.   We thought of having lunch in Saisaki the following day.  But hubby wasn’t available for lunch.  (As usual, he’s out again on his biking escapade)  So, there’s no other choice but dinner.  And the plan to go to Saisaki was replaced by Chinatown’s Best Food in Banawe, Quezon City.  I heard it offers good food for an "eat all you can" style which includes Japanese food too. Despite the distance of Banawe  (the street  and not the rice terraces) from our place in Novaliches and regardless of hubby  grumbling while driving,  the big kiddos and I still chose to eat in Chinatown’s.

Chinatown’s Best Food is the name of the restaurant.  It is housed in a 3 floor building of which the ground floor is for A la carte, the second is for ‘Eat all you can’ and the third floor is for Banquets or special functions.  It was almost 8pm when we got to the place hence, we were not surprised to have found the place almost full and the numerous serving platters almost empty.  Good thing, all the serving platters were immediately refilled.  Lot's of dishes to choose from although I was a bit disappointed I didn't find my favourite peking duck which I was told was included in the buffet.  












Obviously, we had a good fill.  Came payment time.  The cost of buffet?  P548./head.  Don't ask me if I find it reasonable.  I can only compare it to other restos of its caliber that offer Eat all you can.  It's no match to Dad's-Saisaki-Kamayan. The latter is still the best for me.



8 Comentários:

PinayWAHM said...

Don't you just love it when they grumble while they drive??? LOL! I used to get pissed but now I'm used to it na. He grumbles, I make faces....hahaha. Now, he doesn't even bother because I find it funny. I guess it's not as satisfying for him anymore kasi alang nagagalit...hehe.

How's your week going? Dito...kunwari bis syempre...

Enjoy the rest of the week Ate Beng!

Huling

Unknown said...

tried the place once when our office went out for lunch. i think it was around P300- P400 then and also came with bottomless drinks.

the problem lang kasi with chinese restaurants ay they use MSG (umami?) liberally.

mejo malayo rin sa bahay and i doubt we will be returning to the place anytime soon

Somoon said...

It is a great pleasure to appreciate you for being my follower. You have a wonderful and very nice blog, I feel good to be here. Wish you a wonderful Thursday. Follow your blog too.

Antalya City Blog said...

Wow! It looks very yummy. Thanks for sharing...

Love from Antalya, Turkey.

Pearl said...

ang sarap naman nitong mga to tita beng:-)

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Ate Beng! Kamusta ang Holy Week nyo? Any plans to go somewhere? Dito di uso so contemplate na lang ako ng mag isa.

Paying you a visit to wish you and yours an Advance Happy Easter!

Huling

Dhemz said...

I am drooling right now! my gosh,...can't wait to go back home soon...:)

oks lang d na wala yung peking duck titaBeng...hehehe...sulit naman yung handa nila...next time siguro when you come back...:)

have a wonderful easter po!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Kakagutom!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.