Sunday, December 28, 2008

On a road trip to Bicol

We are now in Lopez, Quezon while I am writing this. We have checked-in at Rospan Lodge after spending the whole day on the road. Hubby had planned about this vacation on Christmas day while being bothered by my incessant whining on boredom. The original plan was just for the three of us, son, hubby and me since daughter can’t come with us(again) due to her very tight work sked. However, when I woke up the next day, Dec. 26, I changed my mind. I canceled the plan. Then, sister called up telling me that her US Navy son assigned in Hawaii, is home for the season and they’re coming to visit us. We met in Trinoma Mall instead due to immobile traffic in our vicinity. While we’re dining in our favorite Mann Hann Restaurant, I’ve mentioned to them that we are supposed to go on a road trip to Bicol, particularly Legazpi City but I aborted the plan. When they heard of it, they asked to push it through so they (sis, w/ her three children, plus daughter-in-law plus the granddaughters ) could come with us. Thus, this trip. We agreed to meet at Petron SLEX at 10:00 this morning but after hours of waiting they asked us to go ahead and they’ll just follow us in Rose and Grace Restaurant in Sto Tomas, Batangas. We had finished our delicious but high-priced lunch before they arrived. We left that restaurant at around 2:00pm and the whole afternoon was spent on the road until we reached this relatively nice and quiet place at about 6pm. We had our satisfying yet unbelievably inexpensive meal in their considerably comfy restaurant in the area. I’m now on bed with my laptop while hubby and son are asleep. And I supposed, everybody else are, in other rooms. Trying to do some updating here, I thought I could post some photos I took along the way but I just found out that I forgot to bring my digicam’s USB cable. Ooh la la! My dementia attacked again! Anyway, I will insert those photos as soon as we get home on Tuesday, December 30, with God’s blessing. This is to be published tomorrow. I have yet to borrow hubby’s communicator coz there's no internet available here. My eyes are already closing, and we have to get up early tomorrow to continue our journey to the place of majestic Mayon Volcano. Goodnight for now. See you again!

6 Comentários:

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Ate Beng....

I've been to Bicol but that was a long time ago...early 90s pa ata. We went to Sorsogon and it was an overnight trip....I think...ang alam ko I was dead tired when we got where we're supposed to go.

Anyway, have a safe trip Ate Beng...thanks for the visit!

J

Chubskulit Rose said...

have fun in my hometown Ate bing..

Carrie Tai said...

Wish u have a nice vacation. Waiting for more updates and photos.

Mira said...

Wishing you and your family a belated Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year ahead! Sorry if my greetings came a bit late, My sked is always crazy at this time of the year, but I'm glad to finally squeeze in some time to drop EC at least ;-). Have a great day.
Random Thoughts
Mira's Web Journal
A Moment to Exhale
My Barefoot Journey
My Kitchen Table
Scrappy Mommy

raquel said...

wow...legaspi city???!!! hope you all had fun and a little R&R for ninang and her brood. glad to know N is home for the holidays. say hi for us. maybe some photos of the granddaughters??? we are driving up to tahoe on tues am, dec 30. 10 hours of driving hopefully no snow storm along the way. i can't seem to finish cleaning the house!!! aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...!!!!!!

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Ate Beng....

Hopping to wish you a happy and healthy 2009!!

Hope your trip went well....

J

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.