Saturday, December 6, 2008

This past week. . .

I've been struggling to keep my posts updated at least every other day. However, I realize that there really is a time when one can't find the right mood or enthusiasm to write. And since it's been a while after my last post, I'm posting my activities/idleness for the last whole week that passed.


MONDAY : We were feeling lazy the whole morning so to while away the time, Hubby and I decided to go malling right after lunch. We were supposed to go to SM Megamall but it was jam packed with Christmas shoppers. We veered to the nearby Shangrila Mall instead and found an available parking space at the top most level of the Car Park. The drive to the place was quite exhausting so we went straight ahead looking for a good place to eat. There were many nice eating places in Shangrila Mall which gave us a hard time deciding where to eat. After a few rounds of the place, we ended at a Greek Restaurant called Cyma, The Greek Taverna. The food was fine but a bit pricey. Take a look at what we had.






TUESDAY: A visit to my doctor-oncologist for laboratory request. I’m still safeguarding my health despite the declaration of complete wellness. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. Or so they say.


WEDNESDAY: I attended Healing/Thanksgiving Mass and Christmas Party by the Medical and Molecular Oncology at NKTI (National Kidney and Transplant Institute). I feel so blessed every time my Oncologist, Dr. Gloria Cristal-Luna would introduce me to her other patients and sharing them my own story of cancer survival. I felt tremendously grateful for passing on to these patients the inspiration and hope I always keep in my heart and mind. >> The Mass/ Party was a success with every one going home with too many minor and major giveaways.






THURSDAY: I was back at the NKTI for my Whole Abdomen Ultrasound and various Blood Examination including CEA and CA-15-3 which are both tumor counter exam. This two are the laboratory exams I am so anxious about because it tells if there’s something to be wary of regarding the cancer case. And with God’s blessings, I was always in the normal level on this lab test. The latest results for these, I have to claim on Monday.


FRIDAY: ‘Twas another lazy day. The Christmas decors were scattered on the floor waiting to be hanged and/or set up. What I did was, lie on the sofa and watch T.V. My son and daughter were discouraging me from decorating too much. Just the Christmas tree is enough. “Christmas is just few days away and in a wink of an eye, it would be over and done”. They insisted. Despite the grouch in me, I was able to set up the Christmas tree. I realized I could not afford to let Christmas pass without the classic tree. As for the other decors, it’s in a wait and see situation.




SATURDAY: I tried to dust it off but the sloth sticks on around me. Lazy me! Time and again, I would always say I'm grateful that “angel” is here. I wouldn’t have the luxury of this kind if not for her. I know, she rightfully deserves a good Christmas present and am thinking about it for days now. Would you have any idea what to give this “angel” of mine?

So, those were all for my past week. Keeping my fingers crossed, I'll be on the normal stream of my activities once again!

5 Comentários:

Anonymous said...

The whole week in a post,bLASTING WEEK I CAN SEE...good job...

raquel said...

You should put up your decorations early -- like July (on your birthday) so that you enjoy Christmas longer. hehehe. If that is too early, do it in September (who has a birthday in September?) or maybe November on your anniversary. I put up my tree on Thanksgiving Day when the grandkids where here. I let them do the work and they enjoyed it. After dinner, we all enjoyed coffee and dessert while watching my "two elves" put up the tree. Nicholas is an expert, even hanging all the decorations and putting all "santa" stuff around the house.

D said...

Hi Tita Beng, I am glad to know your medical exam went fine and that your tests are all normal so far. I hope the remaining ones will be too. About the laziness thing, that makes two of us! Lol These past few days I have not updated my blog too other than the tag because I was just not in the mood to write. And speaking of Christmas decor, pareho tayo, I've started decorating here too pero hanggang tree pa lang. Alam mo ba, I went to buy these ornaments at the store and I didn't know they don't come with hooks pala when you buy them, so I just use thread to hang them. LOL I got lazy going back to the store to buy hooks. Anyway, I hope you have a good weekend and a good week ahead! Thanks pala for the comment on my blog. =)

faye said...

merry xmas...nice xmas tree here...and you have lots appointments..lol

PinayWAHM said...

Hi Ate Beng...

I had fun reading your 'week that was'...and of course happier to know that your exams came out clean.

Your tree looks great. Very simple but I like it. Ours is up already...finally. Kung yung mga kids mo asked you to mellow down on the decors..itong amin gusto lahat ilagay...buti nalang konti lang decors namin...

I'm sure na whatever you give 'your angel' will be very much appreciated.

Enjoy the week ahead and I'm crossing everything I can cross [pati eyes] na the result of the exams you're supposed to pick up on Monday will bring good news....

J

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.