Sunday, March 1, 2009

Daughter's Surprise

I love listening to the songs and music of my time – the late 70’s and early 80’s. Ha ha ha! Some of you are not born yet that time. Or maybe, your parents haven’t even met each other yet! But I’m sure, you have listened to those melodies which I think are well-liked until now by the young generation. The singers/Performers are still very much around. I’m not so much a fan of them but I sure am a lover of their songs. Why? Because their music are like time machine which transports me back to the space and time of my younger days. (Lol!) My daughter knew this and how she made me happy as she surprised me when she came home early today.



She handed me two tickets to the concert “The Legends of OPM: The Repeat in PICC. This concert features Rico Puno, Nonoy Zuniga, Rey Valera, Joey Albert, Claire dela Fuente and Eva Eugenio. She hit it right in the center like bulls eye! I love it! She still remembers my wishes. I’m just so excited that I’m gonna see Nonoy Z. in person again after their Family Birth Control Band’s stints in Delirium Disco many, many, many, many years ago. My friends and I used to follow them wherever they perform, whether in Siete Pecados of Philippine Plaza or Delirium in Greenbelt, Makati. Ahh, how time flies so swiftly… but I'd definitely be in a time machine come Thursday, March 5 and will be young again. It would be a date with Hubby. Yahoooo! (Thank you, Bunso!)


10 Comentários:

Anonymous said...

Hi,i am pradeep i read your articles they were really cool.I am new to blogging kindly visit my site and add my link http://www.pradeep3100.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

wow! sama ko!!!!

Lizeth said...

wow! naks naman! hehehehe.

Anonymous said...

wow! you must be very happy!!

Chubskulit Rose said...

wow, bait nman ni bunsoy hehehe.. di pa namin sure tita kung makakapgpabaguio kami.

Beth said...

wow, thoughtful ni youngest!

ate beng, naabutan ko lahat sila! gusto ko songs ni Nonoy Zuniga, pero wla ba diyan si Marco Sison? Gusto ko si Marco e, gwaping pa din hanggang ngayon hehehe.

enjoy the concert ate beng! and thanks for dropping by!

PinayWAHM said...

Woo hoo! Kaiba ang music during their time noh? I like Nonoy and Rey Valera and Joey Albert...hehehe...

I'm sure you'll have a blast going down memory lane.

J

Umma said...

How thoughtful naman ni dear daughter mo tita Beng.. It is indeed a real date with you and your hubby to watch your favorite singers during your time..

Enjoy the date ha? and post the pictures hahaha

PinayWAHM said...

Isang tulog na lang concert na!! yay!

Ay naku..oo nga at maysakit na naman ang aking mister. Alam mo bang in the 7 years na kami eh mag asawa, yung 6 years di sya nagkasakit...not even once. Tapos bigla syang nagkasakit last year ata yun...kakalipat lang namin dito. After that parang sunod sunod na.

Buti na lang tabaching ching sya ngayon so hindi obvious kahit pumayat siya.

Enjoy the concert tomorrow. Pictures!

J

BongFlo said...

thanks for the visits tita beng. magulo pa din po sa ngayon. trying to live "alone" again wuth my kids. thanks for everything! ciao!

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.