Friday, March 27, 2009

Fruits and Greens

Here in our house, I cook only what I think is beneficial to my family’s health. I try to have a bit of everything picked from the basic food groups. (Nah, as if I follow to the book! But I always try, you know!) There is usually no problem whatever is served on the table except for Son. He’d only have a good appetite if the dish is made of beef, pork or chicken. That’s my problem all the time. And since I don't eat pork, I have to concoct recipes on beef and chicken or with my favorite seafoods only. The other day, I came from some errands and didn’t have much time in preparing the dinner, There was a leftover of what we had for lunch, a simple chicken adobo and when Hubby arrived from office, I just mixed some greens and fruits I found in the ref and ‘twas a relief for me when they enjoyed the Green Salad side by side with the leftover adobo.



The Ingredients I used for this made up Fruits and Greens Salad are: Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, white onions, ripe mangoes (not clearly seen), grapes and crab sticks.


For the dressing, I only mixed mayonnaise with a little catsup, a drop of vinegar, a few grains of sugar and ground black pepper. Sorry, but I don't measure my ingredients. I use them according to my taste. He he..

So far, so good. Green salad is Hubby's favorite so I'm not surprised when only a small portion was left for me.


8 Comentários:

Borneo Falcon said...

The salad looks great and tasty

Lizeth said...

wow tita mukang masarap yan ah! and healthy pa! very good tita! penge! hehehehe.

PinayWAHM said...

Nakakapag laway naman yung picture! Ako walang 'talent' pagdating sa pagluluto so I tend to stick to what's been tried and tested. Pa minsan minsan nakaka tsamba but that's rare...hehehe.

I'm back from the doctor Ate Beng. Ay naku, I'm sure yung aking medical issues eh peanuts lang compared to what you've been through. Honestly, everytime I get a bit worried as to what's wrong with me, I would think of you and how you've won the fight. I'm sure what I have is not as serious but I can't help but worry sometimes.

O sige...enjoy your weekend! Will let you know kung anuman ang findings....

J

Shimumsy said...

that is a healthy dinner tita beng. kami din, di na masyado sa beef and pork. more on chicken and fish.

S-H-Y said...

Visiting here and your salad looks so delicious ginutom ako bigla hehehe..

Tom said...

Just give the greens, even without the dressing or anything, and I'm okay. Next time, prepare me a cabbage salad with just calamansi and rock salt (don't use iodized). He he . . .

Chubskulit Rose said...

sarap naman nyan tita beng..

"the church is in Daraga Albay.."

From the bottom of my heart, I thank all of you who dedicately visited my blog when I was away vacationing. I am glad to be back on blogging, and I miss it a lot lol.. Have a happy Sunday!

New Morden world – A Travel Blog said...

Wow Nice dishes. I am really hungry to see the dishes. Nice post.

http://evergreenthougth.blogspot.com/

http://newmordenworldindia.blogspot.com/

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.