Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lights Out for Mother Earth

The “No Lights for Mother Earth” global campaign is over and done here in the Philippines. It was scheduled last March 28, Saturday at 8: 30 to 9:30 pm. It was a genuine success with regards to the number of people who joined and supported the Earth Hour. I have learned that this campaign started in Australia in 2007 and had since been observed by America and other countries in the world including the Philippines. I am glad to inform you that our house was among those whose lights were out on that said date and time despite Hubby and me being out of the house picking some grocery fares. How I was alarmed that Saturday night when we entered our gate and saw our house in almost complete darkness. As I stepped into our living room, the lamps and lamp shades which were usually in subdued illumination were switched off. “What’s the matter? I definitely had forgotten about the Earth hour. Blame it to my dementia (LOL)! It feels good to know that my two children remembered the important hour. My daughter said she first switched off her desk lamp when the scheduled time struck. There were some neighbors though, who didn’t give a damn. I still hope that these people would be enlightened and would turn off their lights and lamps come the next date to give Mother Earth a gift. Let’s give some love to our one and only Earth so she’ll love us in return.

2 Comentários:

Traveler said...

great post my friend. Care 2 xchange link with my Online Dating
blog? i've put ur link in my blog.Thx

Traveler said...

great post my friend. Care 2 xchange link with my Online Dating
blog? i've put ur link in my blog.Thx

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.