Saturday, June 20, 2009

A June Wedding That Will Be Missed

Most weddings come in the marry month of June. One of those June brides to be is a daughter of a friend who works as a Nurse in Canada. She will be married next week, June 27. Surprisingly, I was informed by my friend that I would be one of the Principal Sponsors in her daughter's wedding. I was surprised because it was just barely two weeks before the wedding when I received the message. Since the wedding will be held in their province in Laguna, I begged to be excluded from the list of Principal Sponsors. I can’t imagine myself in haste looking for whatever is needed in attending such formal ceremony aside from the unavailability of my supposed driver (Hubby) on the day of the wedding itself. To cut it short, I can’t attend the wedding though I'd love to.

But weddings will be weddings as long as the bride and groom are present. So I started asking for some wedding gift ideas. Shopping in a Mall is quite tedious but I have no choice. I was thinking of buying an affordable stainless steel cookware or a set of wine glasses but daughter suggested a more practical gift such as toaster oven or a coffee maker. It would have been much convenient to shop for all these online but I’m afraid it may not arrive on time for the wedding. So I might as well do the laborious shopping in the mall. For all I know, I might find my long wanted stainless steel steamer for my own kitchen and the replacement for my old Oster Osterizer plus some missing kitchen gadgets. If not, well, shop wiki is always there to rely on.

4 Comentários:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Just came by to wish Tito a happy father's day TitaB!

misty said...

Hello TitaB, sabi bad daw pag tinatanggihan ang alok hehehe... superstitious eh hehehe..

Ciela said...

@ Misty - I remember, yun din ang sinasabi ng mother(+) ko. But I'm not superstitious eh. High tech na tayo ngayon di ba?!

W-a-H-M said...

Sayang naman...but we can't say yes to all the invites we get di ba? Bakit naman kasi 2-weeks notice lang? I would have declined it myself...

How was the Father's Day celeb dyan? Meron bang celeb? Dito meron.....nagputol ng damo ang celebrant....hahaha....and a million greetings from the little one. He requested na wag na naming bilhan ng kung anu pa man kasi we have more important things to buy daw. I guess the trees he has been buying are enough gifts for him...hehehe. Alam mo bang yung 3 puno na itinanim last week eh almost $500? Ang bulaklak ata eh pera at ginto ang prutas....hayyyy....

Enjoy the week Ate Beng...

J

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.