Friday, December 11, 2009

God has Purpose for Everything

Charina was the daughter of our neighbor/friend. She was a typical young lady, vibrant, energetic and beautiful. At 21, she had freed herself from books and school and started to face the world full of dreams and hopes. Like any other fresh college graduates, she was starry eyed and excited on her very first job in a private office. However, fate seemed to be hostile on her. One morning when she was preparing for work, she noticed numbness in her limbs. She could no longer hold something for more than a minute. Curious with number of other symptoms, they saw a doctor. The mom was expecting that she would be prescribed an anti-biotic medicine or something similar, but was shocked by the doctor’s diagnosis. C’s kidneys were no longer functioning. They have shrunk like raisin. Apparently, C was strong willed to fight the odds. She didn’t give up, let alone be overwhelmed by all the complexities of the severity of her illness. She underwent peritoneal dialysis daily and lately switched to twice a week hemodialysis. The last time I saw C was in a jeepney going home. She appeared to be cheerful despite her state of health, still in control, so to say.

However, cheerfulness slowly slipped away. C was losing her two year battle with the disease. And the other day, I got the heartbreaking news. She has passed away. The jolly girl who’s just beginning her journey on the real world was brought to a halt by kidney malfunction. All the dreams and hopes are now gone with her. Last night we bade our last respect to C. I chose to view her coffin from afar instead of looking at her lying inside. By that, only her lively image would remain in my mind.

I was thinking …life is unfair sometimes. For a young girl full of dreams and hopes, how could she be stopped from all the pleasures she’s just about to meet and enjoy? Nonetheless, I do believe that God has plans for all of us in this chaotic but beautiful world. As one verse in the bible goes… “you can make many plans but it is God’s purpose that prevails.”


Sending our heartfelt condolences to Charina's family.


13 Comentários:

escape said...

I do believe that God has plans for all of us in this chaotic but beautiful world. >>> this is definite! HE is there.

alf said...

kakalungkot naman to lalo na ngayong pasko. well, she's in a better place now...no pain. may she rest in peace. my prayers...

Gorgeous MUM said...

Oh, I feel so sorry for your friend's family! What a loss, at such a young age!
But God has his own reason for everything!

Out of topic, do you want to meet up? I'll contact Ate Lena, Ate Liza and Marie. Say on Wed or Thu? Please let me know. Thanks!

rinelle said...

Have a nice weekend! God Bless!

Dhemz said...

oh my...sad to hear the news titaBeng....my condolences to the family...

may she will rest in peace....life is so short talaga ano...

Liz said...

I'm sorry to hear this. Nakakalungkot talaga magpapasko pa naman. I'll include her in my prayers.

Liz

jkor said...

life is unfair sometimes.

Chubskulit Rose said...

I am sorry about C TitaB but along the way, C had spread out a message that no matter how life unfair is, you should fight till the end.

Lee said...

Hello Beng Gee, really sad to learn you lost a friend, a family lost a daughter.
Life sometimes is difficult to understand, only God knows why.

What though the radiance which was once so bright,
Be now forever taken from our sight.
Though nothing can bring back the hour,
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flowers,
We will grieve not,
Rather find strength in what remains behind.

With deepest sympathies to Charina's family, and to you losing a friend....Lee.

marie said...

Thanks for the visit and expect mine too.

PinayWAHM said...

I am believe of 'everything happens for a reason' and only God knows what that reason is. Still, we're only humans to feel the way we do when something like this happens.

I hope your weekend is going well even if you're faced with such a sad situation.

Ingat palaga, Ate Beng!

J

J said...

I'm teary eyed while reading this post. It's really sad to see a young and vibrant girl succumbed to an ailment. my prayers goes to her and her family. she's now in a better place; off from pain and worries.

here's leaving you my wish of a safe and great week ahead.

juliana

April said...

C is an inspiration. She must have lived her life to the fullest even with just a few years in this world.

Beyond My Quiet Zone © 2009. Template by Dicas Blogger. Header design by www.VirtualExecutiveAssistant.com.